No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat of the world final. I have a feeling Ding will take this one.

Comment

• eurosportplayer really takes his time to upload the videos, think they are at thursday for snooker....

Comment

• Bingham must be gutted, to go 5-3 up and then only score 22? Points in the next 3 frames and Maguire as well on fire only to lose form at the business end
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• montage of Maguire's 147 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cu6...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Any thoughts on the final tomorrow?

It's a match between two players who could have easily gone out earlier in the tournament. Ding was lucky to survive the 1st round, with Scott Donaldson wasting a scoring chance for frame and match against him, while Selby was a little more reliable in the early rounds, but came very close to losing today when Bingham had a scoring chance to beat him 6-3. As so often happens, they got away with it a little, and we might now see them raise their game for the final. Whoever wins it will become the first player to win the Shanghai Masters more than once.

The head-to-head between them if fairly even. A few years ago they seemed to meet all the time in tournaments, but in the more recent times there was only the World final this year. It was a match I expected Ding to win, as he had played the better of the two throughout the tournament, but it took him too long to get rid of the nerves, and also Selby saved his best snooker for the final. A lot of people thought the match was already over at 6-0 to Selby, a little premature perhaps, as Ding managed to come back to 11-10 and 16-14 later in the match, but he could never quite close the gap completely. That was one of the three biggest matches these two have played. Ding won the other two, the quarter-final of the 2011 World Championship and the final of the 2012 Welsh Open, so he doesn't really have a history of struggling against Selby. It will be interesting to see who takes the early lead this time...

On one hand Selby has the advantage of having had such a good couple of years, so he is not really under pressure to win this time. On the other hand, we have Ding who has not won a major title in more than two years, so he is certainly hungry for success. The form both players have shown this week doesn't really promise any fireworks, although Ding is getting better with every match, so we should see an interesting and close match here. Ding's record in major finals is superb, Selby's less so, but he has been on a winning streak recently. We know Selby will fight for every ball here, and Ding will have massive support from the crowd which should inspire him to do the same. It's a tough one to call... I will give Selby a slight edge, 10-8 perhaps, but I'm hoping for a decider. :smile:

I better get up and watch it live this time, after what Eurosport did with last year's final... :wink:

Comment

• I thought this started at half seven UK time, guess it was half six unless 3 frames under half an hour already?

any links for this match guys, i have switched providers and lots of my normal ones are blocked now.

Why Europsort isn't on nowtv I'll never know.

Ding for me today.

Comment

• Pretty good mini session to start with.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                  I thought this started at half seven UK time, guess it was half six unless 3 frames under half an hour already?
                  7am actually. :smile:

Good start from Selby then. Ding had chances in every frame, but only made one break of note, so I'm sure he will be disappointed to find himself behind already.

Comment

• A surprisingly suspect performance from Selby after the interval. It was similar to yesterday when he lost four frames in a row against Bingham. He had his chances, but just didn't make anything from them.

Good performance from Ding on the other hand, he was in the mood to punish his opponent's mistakes. It reminded me of the way he took control of the 2014 German Masters final from behind against Trump. :smile:

I hope I will be able to watch the second session. It's Bundesliga day, so absolutely no live coverage on Eurosport here. I am having lunch at my father's place and I think he has access to German Eurosport. They don't have the TV rights to show the Bundesliga in Germany surely, so they must be covering the snooker instead. Does anyone know? :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      A surprisingly suspect performance from Selby after the interval. It was similar to yesterday when he lost four frames in a row against Bingham. He had his chances, but just didn't make anything from them.

Good performance from Ding on the other hand, he was in the mood to punish his opponent's mistakes. It reminded me of the way he took control of the 2014 German Masters final from behind against Trump. :smile:

I hope I will be able to watch the second session. It's Bundesliga day, so absolutely no live coverage on Eurosport here. I am having lunch at my father's place and I think he has access to German Eurosport. They don't have the TV rights to show the Bundesliga in Germany surely, so they must be covering the snooker instead. Does anyone know? :smile:
                      In Germany Snooker today - as already the whole week - will only be on Eurosport 2. Hoping for you your father has this as well.

Comment

• any streams for the final session?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          In Germany Snooker today - as already the whole week - will only be on Eurosport 2. Hoping for you your father has this as well.
                          That's great, thank you. :smile:

Comment

• So, hopefully Mark Selby plays better now again to make this a close and great final.

Comment

• Now that qualifies as a very strong start into this session. 5-6 now. Seems we are in for a promising final.

But Ding now unfortunately with some mistakes.
                              Last edited by JimMalone; 25 September 2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• **** Eurosport and their cycling.

Comment

Working...
                                X