X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Who have you seen have a 130 tc, a century, and an eighty break, and have the greatest player ever rattled , At that stage of their career? Looking forward to the list.
    He has just had a really good session and lost the match at the early stages of a minor ranking event. Until he is getting the latter stages and finals don't think we can say how good he is.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    you got all that from one best of 7 match!!...this kid played a good match no better standard than any of the promising players have produced in the past 10 years...but wow talk about over egging the pudding! good one
    Who have you seen have a 130 tc, a century, and an eighty break, and have the greatest player ever rattled , At that stage of their career? Looking forward to the list.

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Best player iv'e noticed in many a year
    based upon this 1 match who is he better than then? I hope he is going to be a top player but I think people have a habit of over doing it a bit.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    you got all that from one best of 7 match!!...this kid played a good match no better standard than any of the promising players have produced in the past 10 years...but wow talk about over egging the pudding! good one
    Best player iv'e noticed in many a year

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    A couple of things I noticed for the first time in Ronnies match last night. The camera was on the young Zhao and it then cut to Ronnie in his chair and he looked really old, it was like that moment you see a policeman and think are you old enough to be one? And realise it's you who is the old one. The other thing was it was the first ever time I felt Ronnie was holding on and tying someone up, it's always felt the other way round when he's played but this lad had him scrambling around trying to tie him up just to hang on to his coat tails. This could be the changing of the guard we have been waiting for especially as they said on commentary there are another four of them coming through just as good, this generation may just get passed by, by these new kids on the block, could be exciting times for snooker.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    A couple of things I noticed for the first time in Ronnies match last night. The camera was on the young Zhao and it then cut to Ronnie in his chair and he looked really old, it was like that moment you see a policeman and think are you old enough to be one? And realise it's you who is the old one. The other thing was it was the first ever time I felt Ronnie was holding on and tying someone up, it's always felt the other way round when he's played but this lad had him scrambling around trying to tie him up just to hang on to his coat tails. This could be the changing of the guard we have been waiting for especially as they said on commentary there are another four of them coming through just as good, this generation may just get passed by, by these new kids on the block, could be exciting times for snooker.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    That match was a joy to watch. The very first frame set the tone, what a brilliant ton by Zhao....very poised, confident, fearless...he didn't give a damn about who he was playing. Ronnie was lauding him after the game, saying he enjoyed it very much.
    This kid is amazing, really. Such a high potential but like others before him, needs to refine his game to be more complete. But boy, what a talent.....

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    What kind of odds do you think I'd get on Zhao winning the WC in the next 5 years?
    High Street bookies are generally cowards now so if you ask for a price they'll phone up and you'll wait until eventually someone will say they don't have any odds, best bet is to find an independent and you'll probably get 100/1 , Gl if you play

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Interesting to hear Ronnie in his post match interview last night , he said that if Steve Davis got hold of him ,he would be able to sort out his shot selection . Then he would be the complete player .

Interesting to see how he develops .

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Its so hard to say. I mean Trump is probably the best junior since Ronnie and he's only reached one world final and is 27 now. Zhao no doubt has the talent but I always fear these youngsters never achieve what their talent deserves. For me he's so raw, a fantastic break builder, the best since Hendry for his age, but lacking so much in tactics and shot selection.

I guess it just depends how he develops, some keep making the same mistakes and never get the safety and tactical side of the game balanced with their attacking game, like Murphy for instance.

So calculating odds on a WC win in the next 5 years, I'd say now he's announced himself, the bookies aren't going to give you anything special. Maybe 33/1. I don't gamble so i'm just guessing. 5 years is a long time though.
    Spot on cueman....I remember being at some events when Judd was a real youngster and demolishing everyone in sight....everyone thought he would dominate the pro game of course we didn't expect ROS, Higgins to remain as good for so long...also other good players improved massively such as Robertson and Selby. I do think the main hindrance now is players play each other so much the TV nerves don't exist like they used to giving the top players more of a headache. I still predict Judd and Ding will be up there ahead of Robertson and Selby when all is said and done.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    What kind of odds do you think I'd get on Zhao winning the WC in the next 5 years?
    Its so hard to say. I mean Trump is probably the best junior since Ronnie and he's only reached one world final and is 27 now. Zhao no doubt has the talent but I always fear these youngsters never achieve what their talent deserves. For me he's so raw, a fantastic break builder, the best since Hendry for his age, but lacking so much in tactics and shot selection.

I guess it just depends how he develops, some keep making the same mistakes and never get the safety and tactical side of the game balanced with their attacking game, like Murphy for instance.

So calculating odds on a WC win in the next 5 years, I'd say now he's announced himself, the bookies aren't going to give you anything special. Maybe 33/1. I don't gamble so i'm just guessing. 5 years is a long time though.
    Last edited by cueman; 13 October 2016, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bolty
    replied
    There certainly looked like a sense of panic about Ron in the last couple of frames, although he wouldn't admit it. Managed to pull through once more as he has done many times - clearly part of why he's so successful. Terrific player Zhao though, he didn't seem phased one bit. Just a shame he lost his concentration at the end.

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leelee
    replied
    Blimey that was engrossing what a match some of these young players look fearless, zhao really had Ronnie under the kosh, that was enjoyable stuff, glad Ronnie came through.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Wow, what a match and what a day of snooker we've had. No matter your taste, there must have been something there to tickle your fancy. :tickled_pink:

-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X