No announcement yet.

2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see O'Brian v Maguire has gone to a decider as well, good value today.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• So one more favorite out yesterday with Ding losing. Can't say this is a huge surprise to me though. It's a really pity that the top half of the draw is now a bit thin.

O'Sullivan can reach the quarterfinals with having played an unranked player, the number 72, the number 104 and number 41 of the ranking. The next highest seeds in the upper half now are Marco Fu (13) and Mark Williams (16). So really anything else than a final appearence from O'Sullivan would be a little surprise now.
      But well, we had a few of them in this tournament.

It's fine to see having the two welsh boys Matthew Stevens and Jamie Jones some success again. Would hope for both to make the quarterfinals, but for both of them I doubt it.

Actually I think Oliver Lines can do this. He played really good this week and surely has his chances against Marco Fu.

Thankfully the bottom half hasn't opened up as much as there are still four Top Ten Players:
      Mark Selby should be the favorite against Zhang Anda and there is the promising prospect of a quarterfinal against John Higgins. The Scotsman though would have to beat Mark Allen first in probably the most intriguing match of the fourth round.

But also the last two matches in the bottom half seem at least for me very interesting. This could be the breakthrough for 18 year old Zhou Yuelong if he beats Shaun Murphy and I'd not bet against this. And in the other match there another youngster Luca Brecel takes on Stephen Maguire, who is playing better the last few months again, though he is not consistent.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Ryan Day has been a very silly boy.
        He is his own worst enemy.
        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          O'Sullivan can reach the quarterfinals with having played an unranked player, the number 72, the number 104 and number 41 of the ranking. The next highest seeds in the upper half now are Marco Fu (13) and Mark Williams (16). So really anything else than a final appearence from O'Sullivan would be a little surprise now.
          It's quite similar to what happened in 2014, when O'Sullivan played Wells, Peter Lines, Woollaston, Selt and McGill to reach the semi-finals. A very favourable draw at the time, with 36 being the highest ranking of any of his opponents, although this particular group of opponents would be seen as a much tougher draw if he played them in 2016. There is of course also a huge difference in how O'Sullivan has played himself. In 2014 he played mediocre stuff and relied on his opponents to basically crap their pants against him, while this year the breaks have been flying in. :smile:

Not exactly the last16 line-up I was hoping for... Quite a few pairings promise to be a little one-sided, with a top player playing an outsider, and a couple of other pairings have two outsiders that are not very likely to challenge for the title over the weekend. The only section of the draw that went according to plan is the one with Higgins and Allen really...

Comment

• Ryan Day...what a loss...again. Can't understand why he can't break through already. This 6-5 loss pretty much sums up his whole career thus far.
            Pity as that guy is capable of so much more.

Comment

• So Matthew time to redeem yourself...let's get of with a good start eh...

Comment

• I've come to the conclusion they're never going to update that dinosaur of a telecaster computer that generates the obtrusive white lines they use for predicting shots.

For God's sake, just use a dark green colour and turn the opacity down to about 0.4 - then maybe we could actually see the shots you're predicting!!
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  I've come to the conclusion they're never going to update that dinosaur of a telecaster computer that generates the obtrusive white lines they use for predicting shots.

For God's sake, just use a dark green colour and turn the opacity down to about 0.4 - then maybe we could actually see the shots you're predicting!!
                  I think you lost them at "opacity" :biggrin:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• 2016 UK Championship

Going toe to toe with O'Sullivan...

won't end well for Matthew

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      Going toe to toe with O'Sullivan...

won't end well for Matthew
                      Ball run plays it part though tbf,when O'S missed one of the last reds in the third frame he was lucky to leave Stevens needing the spider to go over the blue,a spider over the whole length of the table,no piece of cake.

Comment

• 2016 UK Championship

He should have got that, he snatched and the rest moved as he hit it...

Jamie Cope does that a lot

Comment

• Well looks like an early one for Matthew unfortunately. Hoping Murphy can come through on the other table...

Comment

• Good stuff from Murphy in the last four frames. A couple of good breaks from difficult positions, and couple of good ones from straightforward positions as well. Zhou might have got away with it against a lesser opponent, but Murphy was definitely on his game today. :smile:

Comment

• Is anyone watching Ronnie getting interviewed just now?
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• 2016 UK Championship

Loved it!

Bang on

Comment

Working...
                                X