2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Unbelievable performance from Fergal, 5 centuries as you say, 3 of them consecutive to go from 4 - 2 to 4 - 5. Barry's performance wasn't too shabby either, he had 74, 59, 95, 83 and 79. So of 11 frames there was only one with a break lower than 59. No doubt if Fergal had been ROS everyone would have been raving about this record breaking match. what a cracker.

-
    Someone quite in the fold told me that Fergal O'Brien was the only person he knew in Ireland with a Star pro table in his home,I see the raving aspect of this as some leafy mother talking about her gifted pianist child.

Each to their own I suppose.

Comment

• The faces Fergal pulls when he's playing a shot are brilliant.

Comment

• I thought O'Brien had retired!!!
        Where did that come from?
        40 is the new 30...
        Hope he goes on from here and gets himself into the last 4 :snooker:
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Steve and Ronnie in a taxi, with Steve driving! ... that was briljant fun!

Ronnie's line about the psychologist was fantastic.

Comment

• Didn't Fergal O'Brian get tonked 4-0 by Hawkins in Northern Ireland?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              Didn't Fergal O'Brian get tonked 4-0 by Hawkins in Northern Ireland?
              by Mark King, not Hawkins
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                Someone quite in the fold told me that Fergal O'Brien was the only person he knew in Ireland with a Star pro table in his home,I see the raving aspect of this as some leafy mother talking about her gifted pianist child.

Each to their own I suppose.
                Sorry trains, I've read this 20 times and I still don't understand what you mean.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Sorry trains, I've read this 20 times and I still don't understand what you mean.

-
                  If someone has facilities that thousands of others wish for but don't have how do we know how good or unique of an achievement it was when there isn't a great deal of opportunity to gauge what he did ?

I wouldn't take much notice to a lot of posters on this forum lol but its easier to make century's on pro tables than on bog standard club tables.

My post wasn't in any way a knock on yourself or what O'Brien did btw.

Comment

If someone has facilities that thousands of others wish for but don't have how do we know how good or unique of an achievement it was when there isn't a great deal of opportunity to gauge what he did ?

I wouldn't take much notice to a lot of posters on this forum lol but its easier to make century's on pro tables than on bog standard club tables.

I know what you mean, but I think you're wrong. There's no such thing as a pro table, but they don't make them easier to play on for pro tournaments. I've played on Wiraka tables with tournament cloths (ask pottr how easy these tables are to play on) yes it's fast and you don't have to hit the ball hard to get a nice reaction, but it's cue the ball perfectly or sit down on almost every shot. I'd take a slow cloth with buckets any day over a tight zippy one.

Comment

• Ross Muir's using my cue glove. I only use it when I have to grab a rack cue, I hope he hasn't done the same

Comment

Regardless of his facilities at home (which I am sure he has had for many years), I think what Fergal did was impressive; FOR Fergal; in match TV conditions, compared to his performances of late and the opponent he had and their performances of late.
                        And I am sure Fergal is pretty chuffed with his performance yesterday.
                        Of course you don't have to take any notice of my post :wink:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I know what you mean, but I think you're wrong. There's no such thing as a pro table, but they don't make them easier to play on for pro tournaments. I've played on Wiraka tables with tournament cloths (ask pottr how easy these tables are to play on) yes it's fast and you don't have to hit the ball hard to get a nice reaction, but it's cue the ball perfectly or sit down on almost every shot. I'd take a slow cloth with buckets any day over a tight zippy one.
                          A very well maintained pro table or pro standard table within the characteristics of what a pro would find decent is a pleasure to play on and vastly better than the cheaper versions for the masses,I'm a victim of the latter lol,no problem with your opinion mate but give me say 20 hours on a current UK Championship table and the same 20 hours in a bog standard club and I know where the vast majority of 70+ breaks are coming from,the UK's.

Besides whats the point of playing on bucket tables anyway when they bear no relation to what we watch on tv,bit of a waste of time and money after years of looking back tbh

Comment

A very well maintained pro table or pro standard table within the characteristics of what a pro would find decent is a pleasure to play on and vastly better than the cheaper versions for the masses,I'm a victim of the latter lol,no problem with your opinion mate but give me say 20 hours on a current UK Championship table and the same 20 hours in a bog standard club and I know where the vast majority of 70+ breaks are coming from,the UK's.

Besides whats the point of playing on bucket tables anyway when they bear no relation to what we watch on tv,bit of a waste of time and money after years of looking back tbh
                            Each to their own eh

Comment

Each to their own eh
                              Well tbf I haven't salivated over anything I saw on tv since I was rudely awakened to the vast difference between club and pro tables,if someone wants to make it onto the pro ranks its daft for them to waste their time on money in bog standard clubs,isn't that blindingly obvious

Comment

• Did Mark Allen just get a max?

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X