2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Michael "TSF tip" Georgiou makes it into the last 32. ADR must be feeling so proud :tongue:
    63 down in the last frame . 2 snookers and a free ball to win the frame . Well done Michael , biggest pay day so far . Rhys Clark or Ronnie o'sullivan next
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Amazing game that was... Usually you would expect a 5-4 game to end around midnight CET, but Hawkins and O'Brien managed to play all 11 frames and finish with half an hour to spare. :smile:

I don't know why these veterans keep producing amazing performances lately... Five centuries in a single match from O'Brien! I don't think anyone has done that before in a best-of-11 match. Breaks of 101, 100, 111, 111 and 113. Must be one of his best-ever performances. :smile:
      That's quality from Fergal , quality stuff
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
        Anything to 1 is the worst score to be against Selby, remember the masters final against Ronnie, when at 8-1 Ronnie said he saw a look in Marks eye that meant I think I can do this.
        He didn't that time but has done loads, I noticed his head was shaking loads before in the last two frames compared to earlier when Dennis had mentioned he has worked on keeping it steady.
        The thing is though that it's not good to be to far behind Selby as well, as he rarely lets a solid lead slip. Regardless what the score is, he is just tough to play.
        Even today when he was making many mistakes he found a way to come through. Also cause Daniel Wells was unable to convert his chances.

John Higgins, a similiar player to Selby, found a way to get to the next round as well.

But Barry Hawkins lost against Fergal O'Brien. Didn't see it. But from the scores the Irish Man should have played pretty well, making not less than five centuries!

And now it will be tight for Stuart Bingham, who trails Yu Delu 4-5.

Comment

• Bingham out as well...they're dropping like flies! Incredible. Not sure if I'm too happy about all the big names going out.

Comment

• Barry Hawkings out after losing to Fergal O'Brien 5:6. I think it must have been quite a match considering 5 50+ breaks by Barry and 5 centuries by Brian .... impressive
            Also happy with couple my favourites getting through, cant wait for live TV coverage.
            Last edited by Hal; 26 November 2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• 2016 UK Championship

didn't see the match but fair play to feral surviving on the tour hopefully he can do something for irish snooker come on the Bois in green

Comment

• sure as hell Hawkins had to squander a lead in this one too. Didn't see Delu's upset coming

Good to see Stevens managed to beat White!!

Comment

• Don't think fergal beating anyone is a shock, he's always a dark horse capable of anything. Won't find that consistency to get to the semis and beyond I don't reckon though

Comment

• As ROS said ,, snooker has become highly unpredictable game and hard to dominait ,, .

I can hardly believe that some of the top players likes Robertson re out so early.

Comment

• Well, so far there were some surprises, but there are some in most tournaments. Of course you should expect less in bigger tournaments, since these are the ones the favorites are the most motivated and also the longer distances favour the better players. As we saw at the International Championship a few weeks ago, when most of the big names appeared in the later stages of the tournament. But we've also seen the contrary. For example at last years UK Championship, when only 9 players of the Top 16 reached the third round. So far with Bingham, Robertson, Hawkins and Wilson four of this circle are gone.

Comment

• It's nice to see some signs of life from Matthew Stevens and also Fergal O'Brien.
                        And who would have thought the third round would feature a duel between Peter Lines and Liam Highfield, one of them sure of reaching the fourth round.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                          Barry Hawkings out after losing to Fergal O'Brien 5:6. I think it must have been quite a match considering 5 50+ breaks by Barry and 5 centuries by Brian .... impressive
                          Unbelievable performance from Fergal, 5 centuries as you say, 3 of them consecutive to go from 4 - 2 to 4 - 5. Barry's performance wasn't too shabby either, he had 74, 59, 95, 83 and 79. So of 11 frames there was only one with a break lower than 59. No doubt if Fergal had been ROS everyone would have been raving about this record breaking match. what a cracker.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Here we go. Ronnie playing a 12 year old and Ding has come dressed as Rupert the Bear…

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                              Here we go.
                              Here we go indeed. BBC's snooker coverage has its mockers, but this is proper snooker for me. Hazel, John, Steve, Dennis and JV in the commentary box, Rob introducing. I even get a buzz seeing the familiar refs like Yan.

The height of the main table cameras is going to take some getting used to, though. It's almost like a complete top-down view.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I'd really like to see Yan Bingtao against Liang Wenbo. But obviously Eurosport shows O'Sullivan vs. Clark.

Comment

Working...
                                X