X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Christopher Moltisanti?

-
    No mate, the older guy who is always wearing tracksuits. Grey hair at the sides.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      No mate, the older guy who is always wearing tracksuits. Grey hair at the sides.
      Oh, Paulie:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ulie&FORM=AWIR

I was thinking of a different ref.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Oh, Paulie:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ulie&FORM=AWIR

I was thinking of a different ref.

-
        Ha yes, thats the guy - I just see him all the time when he is reffing

Comment

• So, semi-finals day today... Four top players have come through, it's just a shame the matches are only best-of-11 at this stage.

Mark Selby v. Shaun Murphy: Two players who have enjoyed a great rivalry over the years, with countless big matches between them. Selby has won most of the really big ones, finals and such, while Murphy has the edge over the best-of-11 distance. They haven't met since the 2015 German Masters final though, so almost two years. In the period since their last meeting Selby has been the more successful player, winning another World title and already a big title this season, while Murphy has struggled in most tournaments outside of the short format. He is playing well this week though, and has certainly impressed me the most out of the four semi-finalists. His potting from distance has been solid so far, and he is putting good breaks together when he needs to. He may not have the best record against players ranked above him, but he knows Selby well and isn't really troubled by his particular style of play. Selby has had glimpses of great form this week as well, but he also had quite an easy draw in the early rounds, and the one time he was under pressure he didn't really respond too well. He didn't play his typical nerveless decider yesterday, but he still found a way to win in the end. Can he battle and come through against an in-form Murphy? Possibly, but I will go for Murphy to win, 6-4.

Ronnie O'Sullivan v. Marco Fu: Fu used to be one of the few players to have a strong record against O'Sullivan. It was about equal at one point, but O'Sullivan has pulled away by winning all of their matches in the last seven years or so. Still, the record shows that Fu has won their two arguably most important matches to date, one in the World Championship, and the other a ranking final back in 2007. Fu is clearly not among the players who crumble against O'Sullivan by default, so I am not worried for him in that respect, but his form on the table suggests he could have a difficult day today. He really should have been out yesterday, but Jones was awful in the last couple of frames and just couldn't get over the line. I don't think O'Sullivan will have any such problems... O'Sullivan hasn't even been close to losing this week, winning all of his matches very comfortably, but for me he has looked less impressive with each match, so I hope he has something left for the final weekend. I think he will have enough today though. O'Sullivan to win 6-2.

Looking forward to it, especially the first match. :smile:

Comment

• It's one-table setup time...brilliant.

Bring it on!

:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              Bring it on!
              I've been ready to watch some snooker for 20 minutes. The World Snooker website says the session starts at 14:00 CET, but that's clearly a lie, so I'm just waiting like an idiot. :wink: I can't think of any other sport that does this...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                I've been ready to watch some snooker for 20 minutes. The World Snooker website says the session starts at 14:00 CET, but that's clearly a lie, so I'm just waiting like an idiot. :wink: I can't think of any other sport that does this...
                We have to wait for the BBC to go through their waffle first, why they can't just start quarter of an hour earlier IDK, but oh no, it's THE BBC so everyone else has to wait.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I know..had Eurosport on at 14:00...but no snooker yet.

Anyway...we're underway now!

Incredible atmosphere...must be something really special walking down the stairs as a player.

In for a thriller.....

:snooker:

Comment

• Murphy looks sharp

Comment

• Wonderful start! Both players up for it.

Comment

• Two of the best players to see play each other, Murphy is always so postive with his shot selections, I hope it goes to a tense decider

Comment

• Hear Hear!

Comment

• Semi finals of the UK's should never be best of 11, especially when the players can finish a frame off in 5-10 minutes. It feels like they're just warmed up when someone gets over the winning line

Comment

• Murphy is looking more and more like that baby from The Dinosaurs, just seen a shot of him puffing out his cheeks and looked just like it

Comment

• I agree...best of 11 is a joke especially for Q4 and Q2. Don't get me started...

Comment

Working...
                                X