No announcement yet.

2016 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great match this is turning out to be, Milkins is quite rushed on his safety play and often seems to pick the easy option but he's so fluent to watch when his in the balls. I though this one would be the pick of the matches this round.

Comment

• He doesn't want much does he ?????

Seems very excessive to change the cloth as much as he wants .

"There is just no grip on the cloth and that is after five days' play," he noted. "We have said it until we are blue in the face to the powers that be and it just falls on deaf ears.

"The tables will be re-covered tomorrow for the semi-finals but do the maths. We have had five days of continual play with lots of matches, and then they re-cover the table for the final three matches.

"They have got to pull their finger out and re-cover it more - it's as simple as that."
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• From that, it sounds like he wants them re-covered earlier in the tournament?

EDIT ;- Or maybe just more, teach me to read properly .

Comment

• I think after Robertsons last match that he won he was saying that although it'd be hard on the table crew they should be recovered everyday I think we watch pros to play on normal tables, not some sort of heavenly situation that we're never going to play at/on ourselves.

Comment

• I think the format also changes my opinion on the table resurfacing, if the matches were first to 10 then I wouldn't mind the conditions being perfect, but first to 4/5 I'd rather they had a bit of a struggle, 1 visit wins and the matches are over in a flash.

Comment

• It is only the top players complaining about change of cloth. Same for all players. They go public rather than follow contractual procedures. Lack of audience does not encourage top players to raise there game. Fav ours lower rank player used to playing with no audience as such. Get better matches hopefully with audience at two table arena. A lot of work ahead for table fitter team.

Comment

• Fu's looking like a lad that can challenge the superiority of the top two.

Comment

• So they're trying to say the tournament cloth is so thin that after 5 days its basically useless? Kind of doubting that.

Comment

• That Marco's fluke was a great one, spreading the reds on the table almost as he would have done had he to place the balls by hand. Good match so far, Mark Davis is play good too. 3 to 1 on the other table with the underdog in the lead, interesting - I am going to call it all asain semi-final tomorrow .... good call me :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      So they're trying to say the tournament cloth is so thin that after 5 days its basically useless? Kind of doubting that.
                      IIRC Geoff Large has commented that after a few days play with many matches and differing players, the bed cloth can be really bad, now "useless" I don't know
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• what a steal by Marco Fu to win 5-1, gutted for Mark Davis but Fu is playing so well this event...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          what a steal by Marco Fu to win 5-1, gutted for Mark Davis but Fu is playing so well this event...
                          yeah, that was a really great clearance to finish the match .... I think he must be a favourite to win the tournament now

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                            yeah, that was a really great clearance to finish the match .... I think he must be a favourite to win the tournament now
                            oh I don't know, Higgins is on big form as well

Comment

• Higgins vs Ronnie match was one of the worst ive seen in a while. Too many frames went scrappy with long drawn out safety battles. Expected more from the two though I felt Higgins played a little more negatively....Much more enjoyed his play when he beat Ronnie in the Champions final. That being said, his rant about the table conditions could explain why this match wasnt all too enjoyable. Anyway congrats to him, hope he goes on to win the tournament.
                              Last edited by OmaMiesta; 17 December 2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                                Fu is a bit of an underachiever. I think he´ll crumble if he´s up against Higgins.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X