2017 China Open Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    just catching up after being out down the club (playing not watching )
    a result that caught my eye
    5-1 win for Alex Borg against Lisowski
    Yes Good Result for Alex Borg, he as been around for quiet a while now and had some good results in the past, he is flying the flag for Malta, now that Tony Drago as been relegated from the Main, not sure if Tony will go to Q school again or try to qualify via the Oceanic Masters event (If it is still played)
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

very good win for Alex Borg. Must have played well.
      Always a pleasure

Comment

any free working links? hahasport not working for me
        Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
          any free working links? hahasport not working for me
          I Found Jimmy White Playing Sam Baird here https://www.facebook.com/Snooker-che...c_ref=NEWSFEED hope it works, if it does enjoy

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
            very good win for Alex Borg. Must have played well.
            He did. Had some luck here and there but scored heavily when in. Now is it worth a trip to China? Do first round losers cover their expenses?

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
              He did. Had some luck here and there but scored heavily when in. Now is it worth a trip to China? Do first round losers cover their expenses?
              The Only ones who get expenses are Jason Weston who plays the Defending Champion Judd Trump, Itaro Santos who plays the Second Highest Ranked China player Liang Wenbo, Sean O' Sullivan who plays the Highest ranked China Player Ding Junhui and Adam Adam Stefanow who players The World Champion Mark Selby, I believe the lower ranked players get £2,500 pounds expenses. These four matches have been held over to the Main event, This was introduced a couple of years ago when both the World Champion and Defending Champion lost in the first round In an event to in The UK to Qualify for an event in China. Barry decided that the Defending Champion, The World Champion and two Highest ranked China players matches were held over to the main event instead of playing in a qualifying match in England. Not Sure what your thoughts are on this.

Comment

Losers of Held Over matches get £2,000 expenses (or it was for 2015/2016 not heard if it has changed or dropped)

Last 64 (in China) losers get £4,000 winnings; so I hope that does cover expenses.
                In China, I believe the sponsors often cover the hotel room for the duration of the player still in the event; if so that can be a large portion of expenses.
                Last edited by DeanH; 25 January 2017, 07:05 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great 5-4 win for jimmy v baird, stormy flight to china now in march, high quality match, made few mistakes, playing fast, and cued very crisply and sweetly, go on jimmy
                  Blown away

Comment

Thanks for that Phil, I did wonder about the matches held over. £2,500 expenses doesn't seem too bad, I'm assuming Air fair is around £1,000 so a grand and a half for hotel etc seems reasonable. Having said that, I've never been to china, yet.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Great 5-4 win for jimmy v baird, stormy flight to china now in march, high quality match, made few mistakes, playing fast, and cued very crisply and sweetly, go on jimmy
                      Yeah he wasn't slow was he. Did well to come back from 4-3 down.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        Played surprisingly fast, think hes learned from his sluggish match in NI v ronnie, was way too slow that night, the weight loss is doing him no harm either, big final frame to win for $4000
                        Blown away

Comment

Played surprisingly fast, think hes learned from his sluggish match in NI v ronnie, was way too slow that night, the weight loss is doing him no harm either, big final frame to win for $4000
                          that is Sterling not Dollars... well at the mo that is not much difference :biggrin:
                          I caught some of the match and Jimmy did seem to be flowing around the table than of late... maybe that practise during the Masters final did him good :wink:

Comment

2017 China Open Qualifiers

Mark Williams through after being 3-1 down with 5-3 win. Zhao Xintong played well with some lovely potting but hitting the jaws too often to let Williams in.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Enjoyed watching this. Real old school feeling of pro's applying a trade. Felt gritty yet atmosphereless, apprentice type scenario of working your way up.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Mark Williams through after being 3-1 down with 5-3 win. Zhao Xintong played well with some lovely potting but hitting the jaws too often to let Williams in.
                                Some youthful overexuberance in his shot selection as well? Great to watch though.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X