German Masters 2017 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully Dean . I've spoken to Curtis , you just need to bump into him
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• German Masters 2017 - Discussion

cheers bud
      I will keep you appraised "blow by blow"
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Really pleased for Anthony, some nice words from Carter as well.

That crowd love their snooker don't they.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Well played Anthony Hamilton and a great tournament for his first ranking event.

Comment

• great win for Hamilton surprised he has not won a ranking event before this he is good enough .

Comment

• Tremendously popular result and thoroughly well deserved. Did it in style and couldn't be more pleased for him.

Comment

• Well, that turned out to be a surprisingly fun match at the end. I'm not a fan of early finishes, so I'm glad I watched it with an hour's delay. Who would have thought that Hamilton of all players would be responsible for such a short session of snooker. :smile: He really did score well tonight, every credit to him. He had a bit of luck here and there, including one massive fluke to get in, but he took pretty much every frame in one visit tonight. :smile: An amazing achievement for him, and well deserved. :smile:

Once again, that ending to the first session proves crucial... Hawkins had a 5-1 lead against King in the Northern Ireland Open final and finished the session only 5-3 in front, then lost the match in the evening session, and tonight a very similar ending for Carter after failing to take that 6-2 lead. Still, another nice run for Carter to add to his World Open title in what has been a very solid season for him so far.

All in all, the German Masters was a decent tournament this year. The standard of play wasn't all that great for the most part and there weren't many matches that will live in the memory, but there were still some nice stories. Hamilton obviously, but also the emergence of Yan Bingtao on the big stage and the resurgence of Martin Gould. Also, credit where it's due, the TV coverage was a lot better this year. They've clearly listened to our complaints and televised two tables this year, which meant we were able to watch a lot more snooker than in previous editions. I hope they keep this up in the following seasons as well. :smile:

So, we now have a long drought ahead of us as far as major tournaments are concerned. The China Open at the start of April is the next tournament with best-of-9 matches, but I guess all the best-of-7 filler in February and March will help a bit. :smile:

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                I may have to eat my words one day, but I really don't believe we will ever see a teenage ranking event winner again.
                I will take you up on that and predict that Yan Bingtao will win a ranking event as a teenager, even if only a short-format one. We'll see if I'm right over the next three years or so. :wink:

Comment

• I'm very happy for him. Well done Anthony!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Neil as you know i will be driving down on Sunday to Cardiff to be there first thing Monday for the Welsh, hope to see Hamilton and maybe shake his hand and hope he goes far in the tournament
                    Curtis will sort that for sure.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      Really pleased for Anthony, some nice words from Carter as well.

That crowd love their snooker don't they.

-
                      They really do - put us to shame really.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Very well played Sir Hamilton . Congratulations.:snooker:

Comment

• Would like to see a German player on the tour , pressure on him would be immense though .

Comment

• http://www.worldsnooker.com/superb-h...ranking-title/

Great interview with Anthony here .

I assume that win guaranteed his place in the World Grand Prix .......do these points count towards rankings ?

For a player that a few months ago was skint , as he said in an interview . Great to see him earning money .

Comment

• yep, he is playing Allen on Thursday

came back onto the tour in 2016 with zero points; now #37 - must be the best Newbie first year performance
                              Last edited by DeanH; 6 February 2017, 11:39 AM.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• So that gets him a minimum of £5K , Plus i assume that gets him into the Players' Championship . Which would get him at least £10k . So he will
                                hopefully rise up the rankings even further .

Comment

Working...
                                X