2017 Snooker-Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    What would people's opinion be of this if it was best of 7 or 9 , longer matches but the same format?
    As far as ranking status is concerned? In my opinion, a shot-clock has no place in proper snooker, regardless of the length of matches.

As for the entertainment value, for me it's the second least favourite variant of snooker, just behind power snooker. I think the old Premier League rules were more entertaining, and 6-reds is better as well.

Comment

• Li looks like Norm from Cheers:biggrin-new:
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Think Alan and Jill have the hots for each other :love_heart:

Comment

• This tournament is a complete joke. The fact that it carries ranking status is quite possibly the worst decision ever made by World Snooker.

Comment

• I think Mark Williams made a good point. The tournament winner could jump massively in the rankings without potentially winning a frame.Just need to be ahead when the buzzer sounds.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jay686 View Post
              I think Mark Williams made a good point. The tournament winner could jump massively in the rankings without potentially winning a frame.Just need to be ahead when the buzzer sounds.
              Well in this format if you are ahead you HAVE won the frame
              (i guess you meant completing a frame ?)

Comment

• Its a shame they have moved this from Blackpool. That seemed a perfect venue for this tournament. This seems a very strange venue with a small audience.
                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Can someone fit Anthony Hamilton with a permanent shot clock? He's been great to watch in this, cucumbers aren't as cool.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jay686 View Post
                    I think Mark Williams made a good point. The tournament winner could jump massively in the rankings without potentially winning a frame.Just need to be ahead when the buzzer sounds.
                    Did he get through last night?
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      he lost to Andy Hicks
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        No but he did throw his shirt to a young lad in the crowd, nice touch

Comment

• Well well well, Hearn wants noise and that's what happens, Gilbert gets robbed !!

Comment

• I see the ref's been hooked, Dave Gilbert must be livid.

Comment

• Given the basis and premise of this competition, that missed shot clock violation has entirely removed the smattering of any integrity this affair might have had

Comment

• Originally Posted by cattermole View Post
                                Given the basis and premise of this competition, that missed shot clock violation has entirely removed the smattering of any integrity this affair might have had
                                Couldn't agree more. I feel for Dave Gilbert, but I think it's important this happened. The big question is, if Dave heard the beeps, why didn't the ref?

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                No but he did throw his shirt to a young lad in the crowd, nice touch
                                Thanks.
                                Last edited by Billy; 26 February 2017, 08:36 PM.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X