2017 Snooker-Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    I mute the tv and play music, currently it's Fleetwood Mac live and Peter Green is giving his all, wonderful
    Ahhh yessss! There's only one Mac and its Peters...
    "You're a green manalishi with a two pronged crown." :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Scottythegeordie View Post
      How much does the winner of the snooker shoot out get?
      £32K

jimmy White is next match
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        £32K

jimmy White is next match
        Cheers dean.

Comment

Lucky man, Jimmy. You'll have to cut out those kind of blunders if you want to keep progressing.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

If the backs of the shirts are any clue, this event is being tw@tted around twitter with the hashtag #clockisticking

I'm not a user, but I beg anyone who is, to also tag their tweets with #watchwithsoundoff

I'm another who has now resorted to this method as a solution to the madness.
            Last edited by Billy; 24 February 2017, 09:53 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

joe davis would turn in his grave over this rubbish , would be much better a top 64 one frame shootout with perhaps (only perhaps ) a twenty second a shot clock

Comment

I E play the whole frame , this garbage , ranking tournament , no its a joke !

Comment

This tournament is dragging snooker into the realms of a pub game , its pointless and degrading to the art and history of billiards and snooker , those drunken idiots in the crowd shouldnt be there , a one frame shootout tournament with decorum is a good idea i think , not this ****e !

Comment

Playing this format on a block of ice is a bad idea, a slower table would be better.

I would not mind it being a 15 second shot clock for the whole time but a 10 minute limit is just too short. Make it 15 minutes or 20 minutes.

And the crowd is just a joke.

It is just not worthy of being a ranking event and being a ranking event probably makes players have to take it too seriously, because their whole livelihood could be on the line.

Another way of reducing the randomness would be to reduce the players and make it into round robin groups with the winners going to semifinals and a final.

Comment

• i would rather just a one frame shootout over maybe a couple more days , no shot clock or hit the cushion bollox , would be much better !

Comment

• and why is Barry Hearn trying to make snooker players look like darts players , snooker is a sport , darts is a pub game , must be a better way forward for snooker , and as for ranking points , its a joke ! And they say that that the standard of snooker has never been better, there are so many sub standard players on the tour and in this , several guys in this havent won a match all season , one guy hadnt even had a 50 break all season on tour !!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          He won? I'll mark that down in my diary.

Now how is it players can play in this tournament with noise and crowd movement, yet in the crucible if a mouse farts it "puts them off".
                          If it's deadly silence and then there is an unexpected noise ...then your brain focuses on it . But when there is constant and expected noise , your brain filters it out

I don't mean filters as in you can't hear it obviously . More that it doesn't put you off.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            I think he misses the point personally.

The point is a one-frame, shot clock, bash about and see what happens tournament shouldn't affect a player's ranking. Sure, have it as a non-ranker, that's fine. It's the status as a ranking event that people are complaining about, not that it exists.
                            Exactly right.

BUT

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Can't win .

And that's the beauty of some many tournaments ........you don't have to play in all of them .
                            That is true BUT if player do NOT enter, they don't get the associated ranking points so they risk slipping down the rankings. They HAVE to enter for that very reason!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                              i would rather just a one frame shootout over maybe a couple more days , no shot clock or hit the cushion bollox , would be much better !
                              There used to be one.It was Pot Black.
                              :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugw7lEaQ3U

Never feel anything better being a Pakistani snooker lover...welll well well played Hamza my Brother

Comment

Working...
                                X