No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it happen with people that pays money for this Higgins-Hawkins session and it only lasts half an hour?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
      What does it happen with people that pays money for this Higgins-Hawkins session and it only lasts half an hour?
      No doubt there will be an exhibition match.
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Maybe a virgo impressions session

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
          No doubt there will be an exhibition match.
          Ok, thanks

Comment

• Well done Mark. Brilliant performance in an absolute classic. Some of the comments on this thread slagging him off are just cringe worthy. He's playing the game that we all love to such a high standard it's just a pleasure to watch. The work he's put in is unreal. Unfortunate that the idiot Ronnie fan boys are so upset that they can't gurn 'gwon Ronnie' they can't appreciate top class snooker

Comment

• I was disappointed that Ding lost and I really thought it was his year. He lost quite few frames he should have one but hopefully Ding will be world champion one day. Also credit to Mark Selby he has played brilliantly all season not just this tournament and id say he will go on to win World title number 3.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
                Well done Mark. Brilliant performance in an absolute classic. Some of the comments on this thread slagging him off are just cringe worthy. He's playing the game that we all love to such a high standard it's just a pleasure to watch. The work he's put in is unreal. Unfortunate that the idiot Ronnie fan boys are so upset that they can't gurn 'gwon Ronnie' they can't appreciate top class snooker
                Yes. The Selby-Ding match was of a superlatively high standard. I thought the break building was eclipsed by the safety of both players – which was extremely good. Some people say that Selby is the best of an average bunch, so I guess this means Ding is just average. I mean how many historic players would have coped with the standard of snooker Ding produced in this match?

Anyway, I hope that Higgins manages to find his A-game tomorrow. If he does then it could prove to be a very interesting final.

Comment

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
                  To be fair, Selby's not the producer of the TV output. You should tweet BBCsnooker - I agree it's fecking annoying.
                  This is a personal peeve of mine – I hate the camera editing. 99% of the time I just want the traditional angled overhead view of the table, but these days the video people seem obsessed with capturing the emotions of the players after each shot. A player misses, and so they ALWAYS give you an obligatory close up for about 5 seconds, when really all I want to see is what has been left on the table!

Comment

• Ding raising the butt of the cue on that blue, what was he thinking.
                    I doubt very much if I shall bother with any of the final with two of my least favourite players safetying it out over two days.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Ding raising the butt of the cue on that blue, what was he thinking.
                      I doubt very much if I shall bother with any of the final with two of my least favourite players safetying it out over two days.
                      Obviously not a real snooker fan then. You clearly wouldn't have liked snooker in the 70's or 80s either.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        Ding raising the butt of the cue on that blue, what was he thinking.
                        Not watch the World Final? Are you listening to what you are saying?

Comment

• Prefer Higgins to win it over Selby, honestly expect it to be a pretty drawn out final.

Comment

• Ding was beaten by a brilliant Selby but he never broke, he stayed strong through the whole match, even the session he lost 6-2 featured two excellent frame winning breaks. So Ding should be back in the semi-finals again next year or the year after and perhaps win the whole tournament.

Selby looks to be a strong favourite for the final, Higgins' great form from early in the tournament seemed to desert him and he was lucky Hawkins played even worse. However Higgins is an all time great, he had the easier semifinal by quite a margin and he knows how to play exceptionally well in this environment. So perhaps he can recapture his form against Allen for at least a while in the final and push Selby. I see the range of possibly results being from a close Selby win to a large Selby win, I just don't think Higgins has a real chance of winning unless Selby plays a long way below his best, along way below the level he displayed in the semifinal.

Comment

• I've followed Higgins' career since he won his first open tournament in Melbourne, Australia in 1994 (see photo).
                              He beat Willie Thorne 9-5 in the final.
                              Watching John play that day was like watching poetry in motion.
                              I hope he wins again after all these years.

Here's a photo of John, aged 18, taken after the final.
                              JohnHiggins1994.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by wemba View Post
                                I've followed Higgins' career since he won his first open tournament in Melbourne, Australia in 1994 (see photo).
                                He beat Willie Thorne 9-5 in the final.
                                Watching John play that day was like watching poetry in motion.
                                I hope he wins again after all these years.

Here's a photo of John, aged 18, taken after the final.
                                [ATTACH]18736[/ATTACH]
                                brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X