No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technically a good mini session for Higgins, but Selby was on the rack, so a disappointing miss in the last frame.

Comment

• He's playing more like Vera Selby tonight
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• If I hear 'Higgins' and 'granite' in the same sentence again.......

Comment

• Higgins is absolute granite today

I think Selby will up his game tomorrow though, should make it interesting.

Comment

• So far it's been the Master and the Apprentice....

Amazing how Higgins is outplaying Selby at the moment. 10-4 is quite an incredible scoreline but Selby doesn't really look himself tonight. Looks so tired and not lucid...I expect him to come back strongly tomorrow after a good night sleep.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• I´m really surprised to see Selby fall so much behind. I think he need at least one of the last two frames if he shall have any chance tomorrow.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I really hope that Selby wins the last three frames now to keep things interesting. So far he is making implausible many mistakes in the safety game. That's probably the worst in this department I've seen him in a long time.

On the other side Higgins doesn't make any mistakes with his safeties and Selby mostly didn't even get a chance to go for long pots. In the balls Higgins looks fantastic, knows when he has to quit and then leaves a tough safety for Selby. Great, great performance by the old man. Like in his best days.

Comment

• Well if Selby wins the last frame for three in a row I think it'll be a different day tomorrow when he has had a chance to collect himself.

As I say that, Selby misses an easy red........doh, what a match and lots of pressure!
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Think John got a big bounce off his tip there.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Very tense final. Higgins has looked superior, but I'm amazed he managed to lead 10-4 without playing his best. I never anticipated that Selby could be in such poor form, I'm glad he won the last 3 frames as it keeps the match interesting for tomorrow.

Comment

• Virgo sounding like he had an orgasm with his trademark cuball gibberish

Comment

• Higgins should be far further ahead. Selby has done well to finish 7-10, ending with the trade mark look up to the balcony.

Comment

• An interesting first day then...

I actually think Higgins didn't play all that well. He gave Selby some sort of scoring chance in almost every frame but he still got himself 10-4 ahead, which just wouldn't have happened if Selby was playing to his potential. I think it was important for Selby to win the last three frames. This session had a very similar ending to Selby's match with O'Sullivan three years ago, when Selby was virtually a ball away from going 11-5 behind, but he somehow finished the night with a respectable scoreline. I'm sure he will come out tomorrow playing a lot better and certainly more confidently. I think Higgins will need to raise his game from this point to defend his lead, because he is still making the kind of mistakes an in-form Selby will take advantage of.

We'll see, it should be an interesting final day. :smile:

Comment

• 7-10 playing poorly, if Selby finds a bit of form it'll be interesting if Higgins can maintain his composure.

Should be tense tomorrow.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Selby was 7 - 10 down in 2014 against O´Sullivan, so nothings decided yet. Must be a bit of a blow to Higgins, he almost had him down and burried.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X