2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Well, that was surprising, Maguire 7-2 up after the first session, scoring 419 points without reply. If he clears the table in the next frame, the record could go. :smile: It took him a while to get going though, and McGill did himself no favours by leaving him in the balls so many times. No way should McGill have lost this session so heavily...
    McGill was awful, missed so many easy balls. Perhaps spending too much time putting videos on youtube and doing solo practice routines was not the best preparation for the world championships!

Comment

Hazel has said so many times already today that the BBC's "new" commitment will mean that "every session" will be Live on BBC1 or BBC2 or Red Button, which I thought this was great instead of their old tactic of not showing anything until 1am, but we are now into the second session of the first day, and where is the Kyren Wilson v David Grace game?
      No where on BBC 1 or 2 or Red Button
      Of course my understanding of "every session" may be different from the BBC's
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Of course my understanding of "every session" may be different from the BBC's
        Well, it at least suggests they've been listening to our whinging and will hopefully mean we'll get a lot more coverage, even it isn't literally every session.

On another note, I'm very surprised to hear Ken in the commentary box, in that he's been given one of the two wild cards. To me it trivialises his placing.

Anyone know if McManus qualified? Missed the full round-up (if there's been one)
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Well, it at least suggests they've been listening to our whinging and will hopefully mean we'll get a lot more coverage, even it isn't literally every session.

On another note, I'm very surprised to hear Ken in the commentary box, in that he's been given one of the two wild cards. To me it trivialises his placing.

Anyone know if McManus qualified? Missed the full round-up (if there's been one)
          McManus easily qualified for next season, if that is what you want to know. He is #29 in the World Rankings and can miss just a few spots after the World Championship at the worst and this would include a few upsets already.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            McManus easily qualified for next season, if that is what you want to know. He is #29 in the World Rankings and can miss just a few spots after the World Championship at the worst and this would include a few upsets already.
            No, that's not what I mean. I don't think I understand how qualifying works.

I mean did he qualify to play here at the this year's WC?
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              No, that's not what I mean. I don't think I understand how qualifying works.

I mean did he qualify to play here at the this year's WC?
              Oh, no he didn't. He lost in the second round of qualifying 5-10 against Rod Lawler.

Comment

Pathetic stuff from Eurosport to yet again miss the re-spotted black, by going to a commercial break. And then they tried to correct it by showing the picture with a little delay, but of course the sound was live and David Hendon was yelling about O'Sullivan potting the black, while we were watching him play the initial safety. And on top of that, not even a word of apology. Classic.

Comment

Oh, no he didn't. He lost in the second round of qualifying 5-10 against Rod Lawler.
                  K. Thanks.

Comment

Pathetic stuff from Eurosport to yet again miss the re-spotted black, by going to a commercial break. And then they tried to correct it by showing the picture with a little delay, but of course the sound was live and David Hendon was yelling about O'Sullivan potting the black, while we were watching him play the initial safety. And on top of that, not even a word of apology. Classic.
                    That must have been the first time I was glad to have the German commentary and not the English one... Apology and no live sound.

Comment

A shame Gary Wilson lost that 6th frame.
                      It could have been 3-4 now, so it's 2-5.

Comment

I really dislike Eurosport Spain cover of it. Not always arrive late to start of every frame, if not now in the O´Sullivan vs Wilson respotted black, they went to sponsors...

Comment

Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                          That must have been the first time I was glad to have the German commentary and not the English one... Apology and no live sound.
                          Yes, they did well on this.

Comment

That's about the 3rd or 4th time they've done that. Whoever is in control of things sees that the frame is over and goes to commercial. I don't think the director or whatever he's called knows what a re-spotted black is, and that the frame isn't over yet. Pathetic.

Comment

Yes, they did well on this.
                              The Polish audio also didn't give anything away. So instead of being most on the ball, it's the guys running the English audio who screw things up.

As much as I appreciate all of the snooker coverage, Eurosport really is a mickey mouse operation.

Comment

If o'sullivan loses another close frame i can see him throwing the head up. He's already looking fidgity in this match.

Comment

Working...
                                X