No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pretty much missed the Maguire and also the Grice matches yesterday but caught the other two. Were the matches televised as I thought I recorded everything!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Commentary said he had lost 5st
      Impressive, well done to him
      His clothes hang very loose on him now, think Mark Allen or Stephen Maguire should put in a bid for his waistcoat as theirs surely cannot expand any further.

Comment

• The Warrior? Why does he have to come up with these useless generic nicknames for everyone? As if The Magician wasn't bad enough...

Anyway, looking forward to Murphy-Yan this morning. :smile:

Comment

• 2017 World Championship - Main Event

Dennis Taylor - "not seen this young man (Yan) before..."
          of course not, he probably hasnt watched any snooker not on the beeb, so that is very little, again the choice of commentators by the BBC needs a serious rethink....
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            The Warrior? Why does he have to come up with these useless generic nicknames for everyone? As if The Magician wasn't bad enough...

Anyway, looking forward to Murphy-Yan this morning. :smile:
            Yes shoud be a great mach a fancy Murphy to go through on the big occasion
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              I think Maguire has mostly fed on McGills poor play. He's never really had to work hard for his chances, he has just been stronger in the safety and scoring. McGill has looked like the qualifier today and to be honest this performance is a shocker for a seeded player.
              Very true indeed but beyond Ants missing balls, I really enjoyed watching Stephen locked on target and scoring heavily. And cleanly, should I say. He barely showed any sign of his usual anger which is a good sign to me. If he can contain that fire in him, he could do some damage even though his next opponent should be Trump....And this will be a whole different story that McGill.

Meanwhile this morning, very interesting match between Smurf and Yan. The kid is incredibly talented and mature. Great player.
              I usually like Shaun's outfits but this waistcoat must be one of the horrible I've ever seen with Peter Ebdon's star spangled one back in the days
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Dennis Taylor - "not seen this young man (Yan) before..."
                of course not, he probably hasnt watched any snooker not on the beeb, so that is very little, again the choice of commentators by the BBC needs a serious rethink....
                Can't be more clueless than DT really....To be a commentator for the Beeb and not having heard of Bingtao? C'mon ....
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Well after 4 frames, Sean and Yan have a century apiece, but both missing the odd easy pot, but as Ken would say "Sean leads tree one"

Comment

• Five frames played, three tons.....love that match

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                      Can't be more clueless than DT really....To be a commentator for the Beeb and not having heard of Bingtao? C'mon ....
                      Quite incredible. If he means that he hasn´t seen him live, he can be forgiven. But Amateur World Champion, surprice winner of the team World Cup two years ago, broken into top 64 in his first season on the tour and second youngest to qualify. He should definately have studied him on the nte as a preparation for his commentating.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Yan Bingtao is sponsored by Calvin Klein

Comment

• 2017 World Championship - Main Event

two frames with possible max for each player
                          funny how we know expect maximums from very early on when not that many years ago the crowd would be sitting waiting to applaud a 50 break
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Kyren Wilson is through to the last 16 despite scoring only three 50+ breaks. I am wondering if this (or even less than three 50+ breaks) happened before in recent years?

Comment

• Why have the BBC displayed the Chinese players first name.
                              His Surname Is Bintao . Surely they could have used that same as Murphy for Shaun Murphy

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                                Why have the BBC displayed the Chinese players first name.
                                His Surname Is Bintao . Surely they could have used that same as Murphy for Shaun Murphy
                                Actually Yan Bingtaos surname is Yan. Bingtao is his given name.
                                In China it's usual to call the surname first and the given name second.

Comment

Working...
                                X