No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McGill is not really presenting himself today. Very poor form while Maguire is locked on target. Very impressive....Been a long time I haven't seen him play like this.
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
      McGill is not really presenting himself today. Very poor form while Maguire is locked on target. Very impressive....Been a long time I haven't seen him play like this.
      I think Maguire has mostly fed on McGills poor play. He's never really had to work hard for his chances, he has just been stronger in the safety and scoring. McGill has looked like the qualifier today and to be honest this performance is a shocker for a seeded player.

Comment

Interesting that Yan asked Fergal to confirm he'd hit the red first when getting out of that snooker (which he did by a cat's whisker - as the replay proves) but he had plenty of time to get there and make the decision for himself.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Defending champion Mark Selby is (not unexpected) the first player to reach the 2nd round, beating Fergal O'Brien 10-2.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            Defending champion Mark Selby is (not unexpected) the first player to reach the 2nd round, beating Fergal O'Brien 10-2.
            And just a few minutes later Stephen Maguire follows him after beating Anthony McGill 10-2 and reaches the 2nd round of the World Championship for the first time since 2012.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Not keen on the new evening studio. Looks a bit too cold and formal for my liking.

Although it seems we'll be getting some punditry on the red button/RB channel, which I don't think we've had before, so there's that.
              There has been commentary on the RB channel before during the WSC
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Commentary or punditry?
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Commentary or punditry?
                  Sorry
                  Commentary but usually no studio punditry
                  Unless it is a duplicate match of what is being shown on Terrestrial channel then sometimes you do. But if it is the other match not on the terrestrial channel, no punditry
                  Last edited by DeanH; 15 April 2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                    Does anyone know which cue Mags is using at the moment?
                    He's cueing beautifully well today.

On the other table, Selby is slaughtering Fergie, as expected...No match here.
                    this is the same cue that mags s using at the moment...
                    http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...2.html#SID=173
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

• At the rate Maguire goes through cue's he'll have a different one for each frame soon enough.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Sorry
                        Commentary but usually no studio punditry
                        Unless it is a duplicate match of what is being shown on Terrestrial channel then sometimes you do. But if it is the other match not on the terrestrial channel, no punditry
                        Ah see that's what I'm saying. We'll now be getting punditry and winners' interviews on the RB channel.

Comment

• In the mean time, Eurosport International continues with their pathetic coverage... I didn't even realize what was happening tonight, because I was watching the Maguire match on the Eurosport Player without commentary. But then I decided to watch the recording of Selby-O'Brien, which was shown on Eurosport 1, and it had the commentary from the other table for literally 90 minutes, without anyone realising the mistake. Ridiculously unprofessional.

Then after the match they showed a recording of Maguire-McGill without commentary. Just as well I suppose, since we'd heard it all before. :wink:

Comment

• David Grace has lost some serious weight, he looks like a different person.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                              David Grace has lost some serious weight, he looks like a different person.
                              Commentary said he had lost 5st
                              Impressive, well done to him

Comment

• Originally Posted by Skypigeon View Post
                                Anyone know where to find the format of the tournament? ? Can't find it on the worldsnooker homepage!
                                I opened a message with it:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...e-and-Sessions

Comment

Working...
                                X