No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to critique Dennis Taylor but just watching Ebdon v Bingo and Dennis said " He Ebdon needs 3 snookers but his opponent will escape from 50% of them so he actually needs 4 and a half snookers"

Classic

Comment

• Good comeback from Ebdon, needing 4 snookers and getting them to win the frame.

Comment

• What a fantastic frame of snooker that was, the best of the Championship so far. Ebdon first got the snooker he needed, then looked like he had thrown the frame away again, but he still had the fight in him to get another 15 foul points to force the re-spotted black and pot it. Every credit. :smile: If Bingham loses the match from here, he will know where it all went wrong...

About Gary Wilson, I thought he produced quite a respectable performance. Obviously the first couple of frames are never easy for debutants, so you can't blame him for going behind. But most lower-ranked players kind of fall apart when they go behind against O'Sullivan, whereas Wilson started to play his best snooker. Against quite a few of the seeds that kind of performance would have been enough to make it really close, but O'Sullivan is one of the players who just make things happen for them even when they are not at the top of their game. I'm sure next season will be a much better one for Wilson than this one was. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
          No doubt this will turn I. To a debate about Ronnie,but I've met Wilson at quite a few pro ams,trust me he's easy to dislike.
          What is wrong with him? I have of course never met him, but seems like a quite likeable guy and good player on his day.
          As for the question about his peformance, he was definitely the best out of the players, who lost their matches.
          Looking forward for Brecel - Fu now, hope that the youngster gives Marco run for his money. I slightly prefer Luca, but Marco has become one of my favourite players. Will keep an eye on the second match too, but I suppose it will be similar story the results so far, with easy victory for Allen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
            What is wrong with him? I have of course never met him, but seems like a quite likeable guy and good player on his day.
            As for the question about his peformance, he was definitely the best out of the players, who lost their matches.
            Looking forward for Brecel - Fu now, hope that the youngster gives Marco run for his money. I slightly prefer Luca, but Marco has become one of my favourite players. Will keep an eye on the second match too, but I suppose it will be similar story the results so far, with easy victory for Allen.
            Dismissive of fellow players,(probably believes he's too good.. )and rude to club staff.
            H.b.142

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
              Can't be more clueless than DT really....To be a commentator for the Beeb and not having heard of Bingtao? C'mon ....
              Didn't he ever watch Hawaii 5 0

Comment

• Very tentative through the ball is Marco, even for him.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Brecel's on fire though!

Comment

• Tempted to put money on Brecel beating Fu.

Comment

• Brecel's potting has been superb.

Comment

• 4-0 Brecel. Curious to see Marco's reaction after the break...he will need to step up...and quickly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          4-0 Brecel. Curious to see Marco's reaction after the break...he will need to step up...and quickly.
                          Well his highest break being 15 and 50 % pot success, I guess he will play a bit better now ....

Comment

• The Belgium Bullet aka...
                            THE BB GUN :snooker:
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Switched over to the Allen Robertson match. Much closer game and therefore better to watch I'm sure...

Comment

• Fu is having no luck at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X