2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Miig View Post
    Anyone know what just happened in the Ding-Wenbo match when they both started laughing after ding missed the long red? I'm watching on eurosport player so don't have any commentary.
    Found it eventually. It was just because of how fortunate Ding was to leave the red in the jaws of the pocket but to also snooker Wenbo with the yellow.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Ah, okay. Thanks for that.

I just didn't find it usual for Ding to be that joyful and laid back during a match so I thought there was more to it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
        Fair points but in this day and age, if you don't evolve, you won't grow. I do believe snooker can be played at the highest level with some background noise, enough to create some atmosphere.
        The silence is the atmosphere, creating the tension.
        As for attracting more 'yoof' by making things louder, well bollocks to that, you're there to witness the events, not to take part in them, 'bout time the 'yoof' realised that and shut the hell up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          As for attracting more 'yoof' by making things louder, well bollocks to that, you're there to witness the events, not to take part in them, 'bout time the 'yoof' realised that and shut the hell up.

This is what I wanted to say in truth - I was just being polite and diplomatic.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I always thought the most uncivilised people wanting to make the racket at arenas were the 50-60 yr old brexiteer type, skinheads/poor hairstyle, blotchy appearance and rotund belly due to a lifestyle of drinking, the sort of person who likes to turn their lifestyle of failure into some sort of success by cheering on a favourite sports personality or team. But I guess that's just my observation, nothing to do with the 'yoof' at all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              I've always liked kyren, the more I watch him the more I see a future world champ. Maybe even this year?
              Generally I would say that it's to early. He is still not scoring heavily enough and misses to many pots.
              BUT: In the bottom half he can definitely reach the final. And then this is just one match and in one match very much can happen.

Comment

• that was classic - WT thats the miss of the championship for me - dings missed black - then next shot Wembo misses the easiest of yellows

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  that was classic - WT thats the miss of the championship for me - dings missed black - then next shot Wembo misses the easiest of yellows
                  If Willie Thorne was around during the time the titanic sunk and he predicted it, i think the ship would raise itself just to make him wrong.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    He he! Hell ya! Well said. ; )
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                      I always thought the most uncivilised people wanting to make the racket at arenas were the 50-60 yr old brexiteer type, skinheads/poor hairstyle, blotchy appearance and rotund belly due to a lifestyle of drinking, the sort of person who likes to turn their lifestyle of failure into some sort of success by cheering on a favourite sports personality or team. But I guess that's just my observation, nothing to do with the 'yoof' at all.
                      Yes, because none of the slim, well turned out and fashion-conscious younger generation ever behave in such a way, do they?

Comment

• max alert ...edit - ahhhhhhhhh
                        Last edited by Byrom; 21 April 2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          Yes, because none of the slim, well turned out and fashion-conscious younger generation ever behave in such a way, do they?
                          'Most' alludes to a qualitative statement, not a quantitive, you should learn the difference.....
                          Last edited by VillaGuy; 21 April 2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

'Most' eludes to a qualitative statement, not a quantitive, you should learn the difference.....
                            well since he said 'none' this alludes to your word blindness - mostly
                            Last edited by Byrom; 21 April 2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• 'None' is quantitive, it means zero, 'most' can mean anything from upwards of 50%. So Billy asking questioning that 'none' acting in such a way isn't following on from what I stated. Of course some do, and what?

Comment

'Most' alludes to a qualitative statement, not a quantitive, you should learn the difference.....
                                Nice to see you checked your thesaurus and changed eludes to alludes.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X