• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohh damn !

Comment

• Big difference 10-6 v 9-7

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
        Yes, think I'll go and do some shopping instead of wasting much more time on this ....
        Perhaps I should have stayed at home then - but Shaun really should have had that 16th frame sewn up after that fluke ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          But you've just admitted yourself that those atmospheres don't work for snooker. I wouldn't want it any other way. It's what makes snooker snooker, and if it's not for you ('you' in the general term) then there are other more boisterous sports to watch and attend.

It's a bit like a few years ago when they tried to make classical music 'fashionable' for the younger generation by introducing scantily clad girl bands playing Vivaldi on ridiculous looking electric violins. I mean why? Classical music is what it is and has appealed to certain people for generations. If people like it they will follow it, regardless of its ethos and reputation.
          Fair points but in this day and age, if you don't evolve, you won't grow. I do believe snooker can be played at the highest level with some background noise, enough to create some atmosphere. Traditional Martial arts schools which refuse to evolve have been just killed off by modern MMA gyms. That's just one example. Players like Trump do attract a younger audience but if they come along to watch him and get scolded for breathing, they aren't going to come back.

Comment

• Snooker can still be played with fairly constant background noise. It's a bit odd, but the silence makes a little noise more of a distraction because you don't expect it. I wouldn't have that in the world champs final though, no way, deathly silence.

Comment

• Ebdon was saying that out of all the players on the practice tables Allen has been by far the best player, I'd be surprised if he can keep it together to 13 on the board though. This match has the potential to be a classic

Comment

• Quality clearance from Ron, that wasn't easy. Brown to blue and blue to pink to have a chance was qood stuff.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I suppose there is an argument for saying snooker could lighten up a little, but to me any changes will just be the tip of the iceberg and it wouldn't be long before it became a shadow of its former self. This patronising new 'roving reporter' they've got is enough of a change for me.

Wait until I die, at least, then the powers that be can do whatever they like with it.
                  Last edited by Billy; 21 April 2017, 05:18 PM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                    I agree - they can't change what happens in the arena to attract younger viewers, it's more what happens outside of it. For eg they always show historical things, or more recently there's this hand writing segment - I don't think that's going to attract a younger generation (same with the dress code). If we're not careful snooker could struggle in the UK once the current generation of fans get older, and the influx of Asian players taking over. For instance, I read the popularity of table tennis has collapsed in Germany because most of the top players are now Chinese, hence the German public no longer have homegrown stars to watch and support.

I've gone on a bit of a tangent here though lol. On a related note, I think the ITV4 coverage appears to be much more youthful than the BBC which can feel a little outdated at times.
                    Was watching BBC news channel last night. The presenter who was reporting the Paris situation was wearing a black polo shirt, top button closed with a black formal jacket. This was / is a major radical step by the BBC to make themselves look youthful and 21st century... Conservative is an under statement. BBC HAVE ONLY JUST EMBRACED THE 20th CENTURY!

So if change is to happen. It will be from itv or Eurosport.
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      So if change is to happen. It will be from itv or Eurosport.
                      I know what you're saying, but any change will come from Hearn and the WPBSA, not the broadcasters.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• This looks like the first evening when there's no tv coverage of the match I want. Nothing on BBC Two and Wilson Vs Bingham on the RB and RB Channel.

Don't suppose I can complain really, when compared to their coverage over the last few years.

Speaking of the match I wanted to watch, I don't think I've ever seen Wenbo sat in his chair without his fingers playing around his lips in one way or another.
                        Last edited by Billy; 21 April 2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• I've always liked kyren, the more I watch him the more I see a future world champ. Maybe even this year?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Anyone know what just happened in the Ding-Wenbo match when they both started laughing after ding missed the long red? I'm watching on eurosport player so don't have any commentary.

Comment

• How come a round of applause always sounds louder from the other side of the screen? A huge roar just went up so I turned to the tv and rewound the Bingham match because I genuinely thought someone had just knocked in a maximum. All it was was Bingham getting the highest break and the cheer did sound half as loud on their side.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Miig View Post
                                Anyone know what just happened in the Ding-Wenbo match when they both started laughing after ding missed the long red? I'm watching on eurosport player so don't have any commentary.

I'm watching on the bbc website so I'll rewind and try and find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X