2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Here we go again, Bingham loses another frame where his opponent needed a snooker, so instead of levelling at 8-8, it's now 9-7 to Wilson.

To be fair, Wilson did lay a great snooker, tight behind the pink, with the red in baulk touching the yellow. But still, for Bingham to lose this frame, he first broke down on his initial break, then played an awful safety to leave Wilson in, then missed the snooker, left a free ball... I don't know what he is thinking in this Championship, but he won't be winning this match if he continues like this. Wilson, on the other hand, does indeed resemble Selby in the way he plays and gets frames on the board, at least in this match. There is still a lot of room for improvement though. :smile:
    Yeah he'll be disappointed in the last frame but his position seems to be better each session so if he can find a bit of form (and that's an if!) then it might put a bit of doubt into Wilson's mind.

He's had some great shots and is still only frames up!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• It has to be said Bingham is fast becoming one of the worst world champions we've ever seen. He's not quite in the league of certain 'one hit wonders', but not far off. It's not helped (from a spectator's viewpoint) by having such a vanilla style of play either.
      Last edited by Billy; 21 April 2017, 12:51 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Other things on his mind maybe , hard to concentrate .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Wilson, on the other hand, does indeed resemble Selby in the way he plays and gets frames on the board, at least in this match. There is still a lot of room for improvement though. :smile:
          Big difference though is that Selby can also make huge breaks and win frames in one or two visits. Wilson needs much more chances to secure a frame.

Comment

• I can't say I'm fond of this new 'roving reporter'. It strikes me as transparent attempt to attract younger viewers, but I find her very patronising and I suspect she has about as much genuine interest in snooker as I do in social media.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Jeeez Mark is not getting better, shape wise....getting fatter year after year. Bill Werbeniuk 2.0
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                Jeeez Mark is not getting better, shape wise....getting fatter year after year. Bill Werbeniuk 2.0
                Yeah Allen is a pudger. He was playing in my club a few years ago and his jaws never stopped chewing the entire time he was there. Apparently despite all the prize money he's earned, showing up at the Worlds looking like he's spent the week living under a bridge is something he enjoys.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                  Jeeez Mark is not getting better, shape wise....getting fatter year after year. Bill Werbeniuk 2.0
                  Very true. He talks a good talk though and realises there is a problem.
                  I can recall 2 separate interviews where he states he is going to address it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    Its etched in his face and evident through those strange Pious and pompous expressions he gurns.
                    Wow yes well put. Annoys me when he does all that. Those faces he pulls make him look ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                      Murphy is making this too easy for Ronnie out there, he'll have to tighten up everything to stand a chance of a fightback. Ronnie loves being on the front foot, he can just relax and play this how he feels like it now.
                      Yeah, it looks as though it's slipping out of Murphy's grasp pretty fast now ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        Yeah Allen is a pudger. He was playing in my club a few years ago and his jaws never stopped chewing the entire time he was there. Apparently despite all the prize money he's earned, showing up at the Worlds looking like he's spent the week living under a bridge is something he enjoys.
                        LOL! tickled me that Narl. recent picture attached:-

thF14JFAQK.jpg[
                        Last edited by Cue crafty; 21 April 2017, 02:59 PM.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Something really needs to change in the playing conditions...seems like every other ball is kicking.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            The trouble with Murphy is no matter what happens, even if he gets completely hammered by ROS, in his mind he will still be the righteous and morally superior winner. Its etched in his face and evident through those strange Pious and pompous expressions he gurns.
                            Yeah he does have a very aloof or smug kind of look to him. Not sure what it is but he doesn't come across as very likeable.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              I hope O'Sullivan doesn't get an extensive lead early, cause then it will become a boring match.
                              Yes, think I'll go and do some shopping instead of wasting much more time on this ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                                Not sure what it is but he doesn't come across as very likeable.
                                I don't think there's any great mystery to this - it's because, as others have said, he clearly sees himself as everyone's superior.

Comment

Working...
                                X