No announcement yet.

Regular Crucible punters (front row)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a curious question - tonight's session is over after one frame. A number have people have left but a number still remain.

I always thought "you pays your money you take your chance" with the last session. Can anyone tell me what happens? If there is no final session does that cost Hearn money? Do the punters get something extra (not on TV) if like tonight it's over after 1 frame? Surely they can't use the table for anything when the final is still to come.

Also, does anyone know who is refereeing the final?

Comment

Jan Veerhas is the referee for the final
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Tonight after Higgins single frame win we got Celebrity Big Break with Virgo, Taylor, Doherty and Parrott, Rob Walker too, larking about and making fun of one another. Done a Q&A as well but not any particularly good questions.

Willie Thorne was there but not really involved, as was Tony Knowles who John Virgo mentioned a few times.

Comment

Originally Posted by davidking1981 View Post
          I always thought "you pays your money you take your chance" with the last session. Can anyone tell me what happens? If there is no final session does that cost Hearn money? Do the punters get something extra (not on TV) if like tonight it's over after 1 frame? Surely they can't use the table for anything when the final is still to come.
          I think it was the semi-final stage a few years ago when it ended with a session to spare. I rang the Crucible to get my refund and was told "No, we're staging an exhibition between Ken Doherty and Stephen Hendry in place of the match, so no refunds as there is snooker being played." I was not going to make a two-hour round trip plus parking fees to watch that, so I lost my money, basically. Very unfair.

Big Jan is the referee for the final.

Comment

Oh that's so sad, always looked out for her, I'm surprised that BBC have not mentioned her passing as she was a regular and they did a feature on her a few years ago and she has been interviewed in the past. We always called her Georgina as we didn't know her name and she looked like my auntie

Comment

Working...
            X