No announcement yet.

European Masters 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Anthony Hamilton and Yuan Sijun receive their order of merit points for this event seeing as they qualified from the first round, but did not show up for their second round matches in Belgium, also do players loose points from two seasons ago because this event was not on the calendar then, if so which event are the points removed from two years ago.
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
      Will Anthony Hamilton and Yuan Sijun receive their order of merit points for this event seeing as they qualified from the first round, but did not show up for their second round matches in Belgium, also do players loose points from two seasons ago because this event was not on the calendar then, if so which event are the points removed from two years ago.
      Anthony Hamilton may not, as per the third point in the Prize Money Shedule:
      "Players who qualify for the final stages of an event but do not subsequently attend that event, for whatever reason, will not receive any prize money, nor will they receive any contribution towards the prize money rankings for the event until the situation has been considered by the appeals committee who may, at their absolute discretion, allocate ranking points where it can be demonstrated that there are extreme mitigating circumstances. These points will be allocated from the date of the committee meeting and will not affect previously issued draws."

Why Yuan? He played his second round match against McManus, he did lose but he did play so he should get Last 64 prize money and points for that.

The debut European Masters was played last year in Romania, so there are no points to comes off for this event from two years ago, but as the points are rolling 2-year accumulation I would think the points come off as the dates roll by, so to me that would be the Ruhr Open (ET3) will come off at this time.

ps. Shanghai Masters 2015 is marked down as coming off the money 25-sep-17, ET3 off 23-Oct-17, AT1 off 09-Oct-17 but knowing WS they probably have changed this :wink:
      Last edited by DeanH; 2 October 2017, 02:41 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Right, this poxy job is annoying me. Is it 5pm yet, so I can go home and whack Eurosport on?

That beer in my fridge aint going to drink itself either.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Anthony Hamilton may not, as per the third point in the Prize Money Shedule:
          "Players who qualify for the final stages of an event but do not subsequently attend that event, for whatever reason, will not receive any prize money, nor will they receive any contribution towards the prize money rankings for the event until the situation has been considered by the appeals committee who may, at their absolute discretion, allocate ranking points where it can be demonstrated that there are extreme mitigating circumstances. These points will be allocated from the date of the committee meeting and will not affect previously issued draws."

Why Yuan? He played his second round match against McManus, he did lose but he did play so he should get Last 64 prize money and points for that.

The debut European Masters was played last year in Romania, so there are no points to comes off for this event from two years ago, but as the points are rolling 2-year accumulation I would think the points come off as the dates roll by, so to me that would be the Ruhr Open (ET3) will come off at this time.

ps. Shanghai Masters 2015 is marked down as coming off the money 25-sep-17, ET3 off 23-Oct-17, AT1 off 09-Oct-17 but knowing WS they probably have changed this :wink:
          Dean I meant Soheil Vahedi who was Joe Perry's opponent who did not show up

Comment

Dean I meant Soheil Vahedi who was Joe Perry's opponent who did not show up
            ah ha
            then the same applies as per Hamilton

Comment

very nice 143 by Martin Gould on the other TV table (ES Player)

Comment

Something as gone wrong with the computer screen in the Kyren Wilson V Gerard Greene match current score 52 - 25 to Gerard Greene with 35 points left on table, looks like Paul Collier trying to sort the problem be back to pen and paper soon for the match

Comment

turn it off and back on again... always works :biggrin:

Comment

Something as gone wrong with the computer screen in the Kyren Wilson V Gerard Greene match current score 52 - 25 to Gerard Greene with 35 points left on table, looks like Paul Collier trying to sort the problem be back to pen and paper soon for the match
                    Gerard Greene wins First frame by 67 Points to 44, Kyren Was having a word with the Referee because the scoring system went wrong again he did not seam impressed as he was in the middle of the break and missed the Green to the corner pocket and Gerard cleared to the Pink to win the frame, wonder if that effected him and will he say something about it after the match, see how match goes shall we.

Comment

Craigie has got one of the best temperaments i have seen for a long long time...
                      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019
                      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

European Masters 2017

thoroughly enjoyable match to watch
                        Craigie so close, Brecel nearly collapsed earlier on but pulled it back together

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                          I notice Anthony has withdrawn from the last few tournaments, anyone know what's up?
                          He withdrew in China due to problems with his back it can take quite a while to get over.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Gutted for Anthony .....hope he gets better for the next Tournament .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

A quick win from Trump Too many unforced errors from Totten who was first in the balls in all frames.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

European Masters 2017

clinical Trump on the errors by Totten who had chances

Comment

Working...
                                X