2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    They keep talking about how the pockets are seemingly playing easier - could this be why so many of the seeds have been knocked out? A bigger pocket would surely help the lesser players because the margins are a lot wider. Perhaps if they weren't playing so easy, the lesser players would be missing more?

Just a theory I thought up.
    I've thought of this as well. Could be so very well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      I've thought of this as well. Could be so very well.
      If the higher calibre players weren't missing there would be legs in that theory, but they are

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
        If the higher calibre players weren't missing there would be legs in that theory, but they are
        Well, technically the table plays for all the same, but if its easier to pot it should benefit the players a bit that usually miss more pots. Also cause usually one of the biggest weaknesses of most "lesser" players are in cue ball control and break-building, but bigger pockets would make it possible for them to pot from more difficult positions.

But I agree that if this would actually be the case it wouldn't be the main reason, but could be part of it.

Comment

• Superb clearance from Li Hang to take a 3-1 lead. He just refused to miss. :smile:

Comment

• Spending the night in Manchester. Train to York tomorrow afternoon. Looks like quite a few empty seats tonight. More so than in previous rounds. I assume it'll be a full house for Ronnie tomorrow night. I can't wait.

Comment

• After watching the walden game last night, what is with his bridge hand technique? The thumb is like a novice player, stuck out like a fiddlers elbow

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                Well done Mark King.

And with a mushroom tip as well!!
                Indeed! Mark is the boxer that smiles at you when you cut his eyebrow. Great fighter, I think Trumpy needs to join his school.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  Superb clearance from Li Hang to take a 3-1 lead. He just refused to miss. :smile:
                  Can't see it, but it has to be said that Li is the pleasant surprise of this season for me so far. Didn't expect his results and he is a player I really like to watch.
                  If he wins today he will probably enter the Top 35 of the world after this tournament. Then there would also be 7 Chinese Players (including Marco Fu) in the Top 35.

Meanwhile it doesn't look good for Mark Allen on the other table, trailing Joe Perry 2-5. This would leave only two Top-16-players in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Well done Mark King.

And with a mushroom tip as well!!
                    You mean to tell me Mark King won playing with his mushroom tip? Fair play, that's impressive!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      Can't see it, but it has to be said that Li is the pleasant surprise of this season for me so far. Didn't expect his results and he is a player I really like to watch.
                      Yeah, he is not exactly the most charismatic person, but I can't really find any fault in his snooker this season. :smile:

He just won a great frame to go 4-2 up. He needed a snooker on the brown, got it, then saw Day pot the brown to leave him needing another snooker on the pink, and he got that one as well. The long pot on the pink was nice too. :smile:

Comment

• Mark Allen as usual looking like he's been sleeping rough for a week.

Comment

• So only O´Sullivan and Murphy left from top 16.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Mark Allen as usual looking like he's been sleeping rough for a week.
                            Probably spent the night wrecked in the Jacks. :biggrin-new:
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Indeed! Mark is the boxer that smiles at you when you cut his eyebrow. Great fighter, I think Trumpy needs to join his school.
                              It's not in some people mate.

You always find character when things are going bad, anyone can play well when all is good (well almost).

I just love players that have everything about them and they just they just get up out of the mud and think, "I'm having this!"
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                                You mean to tell me Mark King won playing with his mushroom tip? Fair play, that's impressive!
                                It takes a bit of a pounding with the amount of stuns and screws he plays so it just goes to show that the edge over the ferrule is still up to it.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X