No announcement yet.

2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loved the blue into the pack in f2. akani 6-2.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      loved the blue into the pack in f2. akani 6-2.
      Would be great!

Comment

• yeah but looks like hes managed to scramble to his feet and find the door to the cockpit

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          I reckon this Akani chap is an android. The way he lines his pots up is very weird in a mechanical kind of way.
          Same in all sports, it's the way they are taught and habits that bring luck. Look at footballers taking free kicks or the way tennis players get ready to serve, it helps clean the mind of everything that takes away from the actual shot itself. I actually think it makes them more human and not less. It's a great match this

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
            Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            I reckon this Akani chap is an android. The way he lines his pots up is very weird in a mechanical kind of way.
            Same in all sports, it's the way they are taught and habits that bring luck. Look at footballers taking free kicks or the way tennis players get ready to serve, it helps clean the mind of everything that takes away from the actual shot itself. I actually think it makes them more human and not less. It's a great match this
            Eurosport pundits mention Akani is self-taught.
            Explains a few of this mannerisms at the table
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

No, those 'routines' you talk about are more OCD than anything else. Just watch this Akani guy, he really is robotic in his set up. The way he assumes each position, holds it for a split second then moves into the next position. He even addresses the cue ball in the same way; point centre ball, holds, the applies the desired top, bottom.

I'm just waiting for someone to set his style to the sounds of whirs and other robotic noises and upload it to YouTube.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Whats the green part of the cue that AKANI is using and the thing he used on the rest shot?
                Current playing cue Trevor White
                3/4 ash cue

Comment

No, those 'routines' you talk about are more OCD than anything else. Just watch this Akani guy, he really is robotic in his set up. The way he assumes each position, holds it for a split second then moves into the next position. He even addresses the cue ball in the same way; point centre ball, holds, the applies the desired top, bottom.

I'm just waiting for someone to set his style to the sounds of whirs and other robotic noises and upload it to YouTube.
                  Yeah OCD is a part of it, but sportspeople need to be OCD generally to attain their standards. Putting in 8 or more hours a day into something that some may consider a hobby or bit of recreation automatically puts them into that sphere of psychology.

Comment

• Have a horrible feeling ROS is going home today, especially after somehow snookering himself virtually on that pink.

Comment

Maybe or maybe not, but it's working pretty well for him so far. O'Sullivan's looking rather a spent force at the moment.
                      Last edited by crocodile; 7 December 2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• I wonder how many puns David Hendon will manage to squeeze in tonight. I think it's about 8 and counting currently... :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                          Have a horrible feeling ROS is going home today, especially after somehow snookering himself virtually on that pink.
                          He's playing alright, if he does go home credit to Akani. I'd still bet on Ronnie though at this stage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                            Maybe or maybe not, but it's working pretty well for him at the moment ....
                            Damn right! What a black!!!
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

He's playing alright, if he does go home credit to Akani. I'd still bet on Ronnie though at this stage.
                              You think? ROS is playing quite badly IMO. Either that or things just aren't going for him.

Credit of course to Akani if he wins. I'm really hoping for a ROS/Murphy final though.

Comment

• Ronnie is making some strange errors, but Akanis safety really is poor, something he really needs to get some coaching on. It's the weakest part pd his game by a long way, with good safety he could fly up the rankings and be dangerous in tournaments

Comment

Working...
                                X