2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
    He is definitely in the can't beat Ronnie club for me but so was Murphy till the other week.
    Well, Ding did beat O'Sullivan over three sessions at the Crucible last season, and played very well to do so. :smile:

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot that one somehow.

But even Hawkins has beat Ronnie once and I put him totally in that class as well. For me that is one of the fun things about snooker, it's on the day as well as everything else beforehand.

Anyone else fancy Lawler to beat Robertson tomorrow night?

Comment

any links for streams? any i go to are bet365 or something
        Blown away

Comment

Facebook has a good page. Search agtv

Comment

According to snooker.org 2 matches from this afternoon went to a decider and are scheduled to resume later. Anyone know what the deal is there?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              According to snooker.org 2 matches from this afternoon went to a decider and are scheduled to resume later. Anyone know what the deal is there?
              The matches have a certain time they have to finish to allow tables to be reset and also the arena emptied, tidied and the new ticket holders to take their place before the scheduled matches start. These two matches will probably take place either tonight or tomorrow if any of those scheduled matches finish quickly.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

While I really appreciate the fact that Eurosport is covering the first four days on their Player, I don't understand why there's no commentary. Even if they don't want to pay their main commentators, why wouldn't they hire somebody to offer some basic commentary? How much would it cost to hire a former professional or even somebody on the tour now to watch the video and offer a few insights? Surely it's an insignificant amount of money and it would make the viewing experience more enjoyable. Hell, one of the knowledgeable guys on this forum would probably do it for nothing just for the experience. It's baffling to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  The matches have a certain time they have to finish to allow tables to be reset and also the arena emptied, tidied and the new ticket holders to take their place before the scheduled matches start. These two matches will probably take place either tonight or tomorrow if any of those scheduled matches finish quickly.
                  Seems fairly torturous for the players involved.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Seems fairly torturous for the players involved.
                    Yep can be.
                    I recall a match that needed one more frame (as these two) and they hang around that evening and we're around till about 11pm!

Comment

Why didn't they let them finish on another table once the afternoon matches started to finish? There was more than enough time then to play a single frame. Having them wait until tonight's matches finish is a bit torturous.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                        Why didn't they let them finish on another table once the afternoon matches started to finish? There was more than enough time then to play a single frame. Having them wait until tonight's matches finish is a bit torturous.
                        That has happened, but there is time limits mentioned earlier depending on the event and the venue. It happens with some events with roll on roll off format. UK Championship is a regulated timed sessions.

Comment

That has happened, but there is time limits mentioned earlier depending on the event and the venue. It happens with some events with roll on roll off format. UK Championship is a regulated timed sessions.
                          I understand that there are time limits for sessions, but those two matches were started this morning. Then there was an afternoon session which started at 2:30. A couple of the afternoon matches finished quite early, so why couldn't the unfinished morning matches finished then? There was plenty of time before the evening session was to start. Instead they are making them wait until there are available tables as the evening session finishes. They've made them wait an extra few hours for no particular reason.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                            I understand that there are time limits for sessions, but those two matches were started this morning. Then there was an afternoon session which started at 2:30. A couple of the afternoon matches finished quite early, so why couldn't the unfinished morning matches finished then? There was plenty of time before the evening session was to start. Instead they are making them wait until there are available tables as the evening session finishes. They've made them wait an extra few hours for no particular reason.
                            Send a twitface to the tournament director

Maybe they told the players to rest for a bit away from the venue

Also referees have time limits on their "clocks" so maybe that came into affect as well, ?
                            Last edited by DeanH; 29 November 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The guy Mark Selby are up against seems to be in his thirties. Does anyone know where he comes from and what his merits are? I´ve never seen or heard of him before.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                                The guy Mark Selby are up against seems to be in his thirties. Does anyone know where he comes from and what his merits are? I´ve never seen or heard of him before.
                                Egyptian player
                                Taken two frames already off the world #1
                                I think in the past he has had some visa issues
                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basem_Eltahhan

Comment

Working...
                                X