2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
    Hopefully Ronnie pummels Higgins in the Masters where it matters. Higgin's integrity is shot to shreds after the sting. He went from being one of the sports most respected professionals to a fraud. I really don't understand how you people can like him. I guarantee you now Higgins will never win a future AAA event. Not because he lacks talent compared to Ronnie which is obvious but because of his own guilt.
    Have a quick read of this

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...-story-210901/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
      So?? His ban and fine shows he was GUILTY in some degree, only what they could prove. He should have been banned for life.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
        Hopefully Ronnie pummels Higgins in the Masters where it matters. Higgin's integrity is shot to shreds after the sting. He went from being one of the sports most respected professionals to a fraud. I really don't understand how you people can like him. I guarantee you now Higgins will never win a future AAA event. Not because he lacks talent compared to Ronnie which is obvious but because of his own guilt.
        Hasn't he already won several 'AAA' events since those scumbags from NotW set him up?

The investigation found that Higgins accounted his words truthfully and there was never any suggestion of wrongdoing or suspicious betting patterns other than bringing the game into disrepute for not reporting the approach.

Some people just want to be judge and jury. John's a class act and I'm glad he's still going strong.

Comment

• Originally Posted by StuSilver View Post
          John's a class act
          Keep telling yourself that. You and I know how he's going to be remembered when it's all said and done.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
            Keep telling yourself that. You and I know how he's going to be remembered when it's all said and done.
            4 time world champion, 29+ time ranking event winner, 7 or 8 maximum breaks, masters champion, top 5 breakbuilder of all time, top 2 match player of all time.

Not a bad legacy I'd say. Until Selby and Robertson are finished he stands just below Hendry and O'Sullivan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by StuSilver View Post
              4 time world champion, 29+ time ranking event winner, 7 or 8 maximum breaks, masters champion, top 5 breakbuilder of all time, top 2 match player of all time.

Not a bad legacy I'd say. Until Selby and Robertson are finished he stands just below Hendry and O'Sullivan.
              don't forget the next bit:
              for nearly being conned by a con team from a dubious newspaper who were subsequently convicted for doing exactly what they tried on JH;
              for nearly being ruined by his manager at the time who only saw huge stacks of cash;
              for being punished for not informing the games authorities correctly and cleared of any actual wrong doing as to match fixing.
              did I miss anything?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• That article is being shared all over snooker groups and some people just won't accept it. I'm guessing they are all Sun readers who didn't understand all the big words.

Comment

• Couldn't see much of this tournament so far, but it's good to see Higgins back to his best for at least one game. Would be great if he could finally win his home event.
                  It's also good to see Robertson back in a semifinal of a ranking event for the first time in over a year (2016 European Masters).

On the other side I hope Cao is able to give Trump a better match than in this years European Masters semifinal.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                    Would be great if he could finally win his home event.
                    He did win the Grand Prix in 2009 when it was held in Glasgow. :smile:

Comment

• By the way, if someone had told me before the season started that we would have as many as seven different Chinese players in the semi-finals of events by December, and that Liang Wenbo wouldn't even be one of them, I would have struggled to believe it. :smile:

Comment

• Judd Trump is now fifth in the all-time list of top century makers. He’s now one ahead of Mark Selby.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                          So?? His ban and fine shows he was GUILTY in some degree, only what they could prove. He should have been banned for life.
                          His ban was for failing to report a betting approach, nothing more. And this related to matches that didn't exist, in an event he and Mooney were running. And the full evidence was only going to be released to the inquiry after Higgins and Mooney signed waivers not to sue - wonder why that was?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            He did win the Grand Prix in 2009 when it was held in Glasgow. :smile:
                            Yeah, but not the Scottish Open.

Comment

• Trump holding his cue differently. Feathers facing up the way.
                              Always seen him play with the side grain facing up before.

Comment

• Great 5th frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X