2018 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    OK, I probably wasn't paying attention. I thought he went straight in off from the green. Unlucky if that's the case, but he still could've played for the double.
    He actually didnt even need the brown, so you could argue he shouldnt have played for it but you know Ronnie...he likes to go for the clearances and put on a show. But it really was a key moment in the match. Difference of 2-2 or 3-1, hard to recover from losing a frame like that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
      He actually didnt even need the brown, so you could argue he shouldnt have played for it but you know Ronnie...he likes to go for the clearances and put on a show. But it really was a key moment in the match. Difference of 2-2 or 3-1, hard to recover from losing a frame like that.
      I know he didn't need it. I don't blame him for trying to pot it though because a safety battle with John Higgins is far from an easy end to a frame.

Comment

• Sorry for the off topic question. I was just looking at the Provisional Players Championship Rankings and noticed that with only Gibraltar left Yan and McGill both are on exactly 114000 points. At this point they are tied for 14th, but what would happen if two players passed them and they were tied for 16th? Who would get the last spot? Is there a tie breaking rule or procedure?

Comment

• Great craftsmanship by Raymond Cohen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            Great craftsmanship by Raymond Cohen.
            Might help if you explain what you are talking about ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              Great craftsmanship by Raymond Cohen.
              Might help if you explain what you are talking about ?
              My guess.... Higgins' cue

Got to say the splices stand out more in real-life than on TV.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Well I guessed that too, but why say it ? Has the cue been shown close up on telly or something ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Well I guessed that too, but why say it ? Has the cue been shown close up on telly or something ?
                  I went back through a few pages to see if I had missed a post
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Nice to see Higgins beating O'Sullivan. John should be the favorite to win the title now, but I wouldn't count out Hawkins.

Comment

• its this inexplicable bad match that Ronnie throws in from time to time that makes him long odds for the worlds. I hope not but I'm making Selby favourite to retain.
                      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                        its this inexplicable bad match that Ronnie throws in from time to time that makes him long odds for the worlds. I hope not but I'm making Selby favourite to retain.
                        The most annoying thing about Selby is not that he goes on to win it, but that he looks absolutely dead and buried during round 1 or 2 and then somehow manages to scrape through! It's the false hope that's so unbearable!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          The most annoying thing about Selby is not that he goes on to win it, but that he looks absolutely dead and buried during round 1 or 2 and then somehow manages to scrape through! It's the false hope that's so unbearable!
                          At last years World Championship Selby was playing great stuff over the whole course of the tournament, maybe with the exception of the first session against Higgins in the final.

Comment

• Loving the trick / exhibition / flare shots Jimmy et all do between sessions - possibly more than the matches at the moment. The Beeb need to adopt it.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• "I'm going to play this shot wit a lot of.... scide" Screw and side, scide. I like it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                At last years World Championship Selby was playing great stuff over the whole course of the tournament, maybe with the exception of the first session against Higgins in the final.
                                Yes he did, it was disappointing :P

Comment

Working...
                                X