• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Liang down 9 - 0.

-
    Hard to see him turn that one around. I´ll miss him, Yan Bingtao and Martin Gould in the WC.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Record of higher ranked player in QR3 matches since the new format began in 2015. They've won 71% of the time.

2017 - 10-6
    2016 - 14-2
    2015 - 10-6

As I think about it, I think I've made a mistake in how I've predicted how many 17-32 seeds should have gotten to QR2. Instead of using all of the matches in each round to get a percentage, I should have only used matches involving those players. So, in reality, it's probably going to be more than 9.1 expected to get through to QR3. I'll take a look at that again.

I apologize to those of you who hated Math in school and are getting flashbacks.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Updating QR2 records of higher seeded players. The higher seeded player has won 67% of the time. So it's 85% in QR1 and only 67% in QR2. So the highest seeded player in a group of 8, on average, gets to today's stage 57% of the time. 16*0.57 = 9.1, so typically 9 of the top 16 get to today's round. This year 10 top seeded players have made, so 1 above average.

2018 - 20-12
    2017 - 23-9
    2016 - 25-7
    2015 - 18-14

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Liang down 9 - 0.

-

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Well, McManus deserves to be in a strop then as it's easier to slow a match down than speed it up?
    Exactly, which is why the shotclock is a bad idea. IMO.

-

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    I think Lisowski's deliberately speeding the game up in order to unsettle McManus, seems to be working too.

-
    Well, McManus deserves to be in a strop then as it's easier to slow a match down than speed it up?

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    I think Lisowski's deliberately speeding the game up in order to unsettle McManus, seems to be working too.

-

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    If Jack wasn't so careless, he'd have more chances to implode like he did against Kyren....

6-2 in a sec or 50, for those not watching

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Pressure? :wink:

-
    Obviously.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Durno about Liang, but as above McManus is decidedly grumpy and sulky. I didn't think he got like that - it is borderline toys out of pram stuff.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I just got home and looked at the scores. What the hell has happened to Liang? Down 7-0????
    Pressure? :wink:

-

Leave a comment:

• Sitting Room Snooker
    replied
    Watching this on Facebook Live. Excellent stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    I just got home and looked at the scores. What the hell has happened to Liang? Down 7-0????

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Table thumping?
    Spot on. He's very animated tonight isn't he.

-

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    I wonder if Alan McManus has been practicing with Stephen Maguire. :wink:

-
    Table thumping?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X