X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by richiet View Post
    In fact I just skipped the first 9h 25m and discover she only won because her opponent mis-cued on the final pink (actually playing the black but it was a free-ball)

Meanwhile, Evans has just stolen frame 16 to go 7-9 against Dale to show again she's the only female who can compete with some of the mid to lower ranked male players. If she played on the main tour she'd easily win her fair share of best of 7s.
    It's really sad that she doesn't get that chance. I think she's just bored playing other women after winning so many world titles.

Having her in tournaments (at least in the qualifying) would increase the interest level. She's probably around the 60th-80th best player in the world, while Ng would struggle to beat players in amateur leagues.

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    9 1/2 hours for 11 frames!

No thanks
    In fact I just skipped the first 9h 25m and discover she only won because her opponent mis-cued on the final pink (actually playing the black but it was a free-ball)

Meanwhile, Evans has just stolen frame 16 to go 7-9 against Dale to show again she's the only female who can compete with some of the mid to lower ranked male players. If she played on the main tour she'd easily win her fair share of best of 7s.
    Last edited by richiet; 12 April 2018, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    She makes ebdon seem fast
    re ebdon this is a nice side by side comparison
    https://youtu.be/tIyfLTFrN_U

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    The Whirlwind leading 5-4 ready to resume tonight, gentleman Joe leading 8-1 !

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied

No thanks
    She makes ebdon seem fast

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stormwatch View Post

No thanks

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    My Predictions are

Section 1: Ryan Day
    Section 2: Tom Ford
    Section 3: Xiao Guodong
    Section 4: Martin Gould
    Section 5: Graeme Dott
    Section 6: Michael Holt
    Section 7: Lyu Hoatian
    Section 8: Mark King
    Section 9: Liang Wenbo
    Section 10: Jack Lisowski
    Section 11: Ricky Walden
    Section 12: Joe Perry
    Section 13: Yan Bingtao
    Section 14: Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Section 15: Jimmy Robertson
    Section 16: Stephen Maguire

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    The only surprise we got so far is Mark Joyce's grim 4:10-defeat against Adam Duffy.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    9 hours for a best of 11!!!
    I flicked through the match in 5 minutes and it was still boring
    Standard looks very poor as well it has to be said, although to be fair I only watched 5 minutes of it.

Leave a comment:

• Stormwatch
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    She's also an extremely defensive player and just plain boring to watch. The fact that she's the world champion tells you all you need to know about the standard of women's snooker. I think Evans is a much better potter, but just gets drawn into safety battles against Ng and sometimes loses.
    Just watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpuf16OIk2g

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
    Thank's for that, you can't help but wish Jimmy all the best it would be great if he could walk out at the Crucible one more time, it won't be easy but he still plays to a very high standard, puts the practice in and loves the game, so anythings possible, good luck to him.

As for the winner Ronnie will take some beating, but Selby back in form just at the right time so no doubt he'll be up for it.
    Just imagine the roar if JW walks out in the Crucible

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Thank's for that, you can't help but wish Jimmy all the best it would be great if he could walk out at the Crucible one more time, it won't be easy but he still plays to a very high standard, puts the practice in and loves the game, so anythings possible, good luck to him.

As for the winner Ronnie will take some beating, but Selby back in form just at the right time so no doubt he'll be up for it.

Leave a comment:

• Healy
    replied
    I may be asking in the wrong section, however I'm wondering if you can predict the dates/tables (1 or 2) for the games. I know the top half is on Table 1 and bottom half on table 2 but any information on the schedule apart from that? Dates and session times?

Leave a comment:

• jw147
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Anybody else wants to pick the 16 players who qualify for the World Championship? I'd be interested what others think :smile:.
    Section 1: Ebdon
    Section 2: Highfield
    Section 3: Guodong
    Section 4: Anda
    Section 5: Sunny
    Section 6: Milkins
    Section 7: McLeod
    Section 8: OBrien
    Section 9: Lawler
    Section 10: McManus
    Section 11: Swail
    Section 12: J White
    Section 13: Wakelin
    Section 14: Burden
    Section 15: Baird
    Section 16: Miah

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Ng is the current World Ladies champion is she not? :wink:
    She's also an extremely defensive player and just plain boring to watch. The fact that she's the world champion tells you all you need to know about the standard of women's snooker. I think Evans is a much better potter, but just gets drawn into safety battles against Ng and sometimes loses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X