X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wake_up_bomb
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Mostly I just feel sorry for her that she can't make a good living at a sport where she's the best of all time. If she were a tennis player or golfer she would be world famous and a multi-millionaire.
    Not only is she the best of all-time of her gender, she is an absolute country mile better than anyone else. She's a respectable standard player, she's played several strong players and given them all a run for their money.

Where she falls down from what I have seen of her is that she doesn't score heavily enough, and I think a large part of that is mentality. She doesn't need to score heavily in the women's game. She needs to work with a top coach or player on that part of her game, and not settle for her current style, which is somewhat conservative. She has the ability to make it on the main tour.

The problem is that, in common with many other less-established players, if she were to go on the main tour now, she would lose far more than she'd win. So she'd have to learn to deal with that. But she definitely has the potential to be top 50.
    Last edited by wake_up_bomb; 12 April 2018, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    I'm curios where you would rank her Odrl. Top 150? Top 200? Top 300 or even lower than that?

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    Poor choice of TV matches again, both done and dusted in no time

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Well, Reanne Evans did play on the main tour a few years ago, and if I remember correctly she lost every single match, including against amateurs in the pre-rounds of some PTC events. Unless she's improved massively over the last couple of years, there is no chance in hell she is anywhere close to being the 60th best player in the world. :wink:
    That's true, but since then in world championship qualifying she has more than held her own. Look at today. Dale is definitely one of the top 50 players in the world and she's right there with him after 16 frames. Maybe 60 is a bit of a stretch, but I think she's somewhere in the 80-100 range.

When you are playing best of 7s there's a fine line between winning and losing. I suspect that after she lost her first three or four matches it got into her head and she started to feel the pressure. If she had won her first match or two it might have been a completely different story.

I've actually watched her play quite a bit and I'm convinced that she is a better player than the Alex Borgs or Christopher Keogans of the world. Maybe I'm out to lunch. Her record against Ng, who is terrible, isn't all that good. Maybe her safety play is so bad, that her potting abilities can't overcome it. I really don't know.

Mostly I just feel sorry for her that she can't make a good living at a sport where she's the best of all time. If she were a tennis player or golfer she would be world famous and a multi-millionaire.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Craigie is on for a max now !!!

Leave a comment:

• sealer
    replied
    Originally Posted by Miig View Post
    Optimal, except bridgin over the rail. The angle was good and he was some four inches from the rail. Shouldn't have missed it really.

Would it have been the first ever multiple maxs in a game by one player?
    Typical of Liang Wenbo. Brilliant but cannot hold it together :-)

Leave a comment:

• Miig
    replied
    Optimal, except bridgin over the rail. The angle was good and he was some four inches from the rail. Shouldn't have missed it really.

Would it have been the first ever multiple maxs in a game by one player?

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    Originally Posted by Miig View Post
    Missed the final black.
    He didn't miss the black in the frame I just watched. 147 in frame 10

Edit: Oh I see, nearly got another in frame 12. Tough
    Last edited by richiet; 12 April 2018, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sealer
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Oh no......was it an easy black ?
    Fairly easy, played it too slow. Should have stroked it in.

Leave a comment:

• travisbickle
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Has Liang just had another Max ??......or is my computer lagging behind ?
    Just the one mate.
    Jimmy 6-4 up now.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Oh no......was it an easy black ?

Leave a comment:

• Miig
    replied
    Missed the final black.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Has Liang just had another Max ??......or is my computer lagging behind ?

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Well, Reanne Evans did play on the main tour a few years ago, and if I remember correctly she lost every single match, including against amateurs in the pre-rounds of some PTC events. Unless she's improved massively over the last couple of years, there is no chance in hell she is anywhere close to being the 60th best player in the world. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Hal
    replied
    Another maximum break, this time for Liang Wenbo. Was expecting at least one during qualifiers, maybe not that soon. Won't surprise me, if there would be another one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X