• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 World Championship

another miscue for JW
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• have they changed the ref for Perry / White?
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        another miscue for JW
        he does that quite a lot, i wonder if it's because he aims so low on the cue ball, or his timings out sometimes for whatever reason, seems to happen too often to be just a dud tip.

Comment

• First Whitewash of the Qualifiers Mark Davis surprisingly beats The Shoot Champion Michael Georgiou by 10 frames 0.
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• White now 7-4 down, looking like the 12th year in a row he's failed to qualify =/

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
              White now 7-4 down, looking like the 12th year in a row he's failed to qualify =/
              it was always going to be a big ask, Joe's a very good player on his day, might be left to crafty Ken for the old guard.
              Last edited by CueAntW147; 15 April 2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                We're not talking about taking an extra few seconds to compose yourself on a big shot or extra thought for a difficult snooker escape for example, it's even worse in darts with players throwing slow to put quicker players off their rythym and it's well documented. It's the same as Selby when behind will come back to the table needing 4-5 snookers not because he thinks there's a reasonable chance of winning the frame but to draw you into a safety exchange and try and break up your rythym and annoy you. It's a tactic that's been used for years and been commented on by commentators down ghe years many times, there was a frame reshown recently between
                Jimmy White and John Spencer where Spencer at one point needed 6 snookers but carried on and Ted Lowe commented that it was purely gamesmanship to frustrate Jimmy to drag it on and stop him getting on with the next frame, typically Spencer won the frame but as I said the actual intention was to frustrate and put Jimmy off for the next frame.
                That kind of stuff really sucks, I hate gamesmanship. Sportsmanship is far more commendable, people like Jimmy who always call fouls on themselves when the ref misses it are better people than idiots who just want to win at any cost. Being very competitive is fine but looking to gain an edge from unsporting antics is a bit pathetic in my mind. All it really means is you're not good enough to win on the merit of your playing performance.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  He was definitely stalling and trying to aggravate Jimmy as much as possible.
                  Didn't work though. Jimmy won the next two frames (and the match) quite easily 5-3.
                  Last edited by richiet; 15 April 2018, 07:23 PM.
                  Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• White cant afford to miss now, 9-4 down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      Yep, Taom that claims to eliminate miscues lol, in reality it's increased them.
                      And the tournament...if i remember right.
                      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
                        And the tournament...if i remember right.
                        eh?

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          White cant afford to miss now, 9-4 down.
                          I am afraid he is done. Standard is just to high these days.

Comment

• Crafty Ken going well 8 - 4 up

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                              I am afraid he is done. Standard is just to high these days.
                              he must have heard you - fighting back at 9 - 5 ;-)

Comment

• And that's him out, even his rest play was letting him down. =/

Comment

Working...
                                X