2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    If this is the case then it is just idiotic, why would they have a system which allows no flexibility in scheduling the matches? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Are they trying to annoy fans and reduce the number who watch?
    Are they trying to reduce the attractiveness of the sport to sponsors?
    Or they can be accused of favouritism etc by re-Scheduling every year?

Comment

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
      I do love a debate on Ronnie for me he can do no wrong so I'd love to hear some time what your views are based on.
      It's quite simple. The way he behaves and what he says.
      He has no respect for other players (except maybe Higgins, Selby, Hendry, and even them he insulted in the past), his statements contradict themselves more often than not and some things he say are either plain stupid or just provocative - and not only his comments, but also his demeanour is this way often. And I can't stand boorishness.
      O'Sullivan mostly reminds me of a petulant child.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
        If this is the case then it is just idiotic, why would they have a system which allows no flexibility in scheduling the matches? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
        Are they trying to annoy fans and reduce the number who watch?
        Are they trying to reduce the attractiveness of the sport to sponsors?
        As a fan I would be far more annoyed if I had bought a ticket for a session believing I was going to see O'Sullivan play to later find that he had been rescheduled.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
          As a fan I would be far more annoyed if I had bought a ticket for a session believing I was going to see O'Sullivan play to later find that he had been rescheduled.
          But you wouldn't know....

Comment

• Well put another way, I'd rather have an idea over who I might see when buying a ticket than it be a lottery.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
              Well put another way, I'd rather have an idea over who I might see when buying a ticket than it be a lottery.
              But you know which Seed you wll see, assuming they win - and when do you think the tickets get sold?

The Draw is only completed 48 hours before the start.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                It's quite simple. The way he behaves and what he says.
                He has no respect for other players (except maybe Higgins, Selby, Hendry, and even them he insulted in the past), his statements contradict themselves more often than not and some things he say are either plain stupid or just provocative - and not only his comments, but also his demeanour is this way often. And I can't stand boorishness.
                O'Sullivan mostly reminds me of a petulant child.
                I just care what they do on the snooker table, I don't care about any of the other stuff. He is the best, I want to see the best playing well so I want to watch him and watch him playing his best. If I was worried about what sports people did away from the sport they play I would not watch any sport. Sport is riddled with amoral or immoral people, I am sure most of the snooker players fit in there as well. So just watch the best snooker and don't work about anything they might be doing outside of that.

Comment

• Lyu Haotian brilliant start, can he keep it up?

Comment

• Kudos to Lyu. At 8-3 I really didn't see him coming back. But he's been playing superb since.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      Kudos to Lyu. At 8-3 I really didn't see him coming back. But he's been playing superb since.
                      yep, been a real pleasure to watch as well
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        yep, been a real pleasure to watch as well
                        He has the start of a Fan Club here

He's in my ROS, Jack and Ding group....

Comment

• Lyu - Hawkins 9-9 :-)

Comment

• I've just searched through the years and if I didn't miss somebody I think Lyu would become the youngest player to reach the quarterfinals at the World Championship since Ronnie O'Sullivan in 1996.
                            He is slightly younger than Matthew Stevens, who was also 20 when he got to this stage in 1998.

Comment

• Why is it called a Swan Neck Peter ? ...........probably because it looks like a Swan Dennis .

What a XXXX !

Is it me or is Ali Carter liked by his fellow Pro's and snooker Journalists ? I feel that the is something below the surface that we don't know about [ i've heard something mentioned but not going to put it on the Forum ] . Probably just Chinese Whispers anyway

Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ?

I like his steely determination in both his personal and professional life , so hope all of the above is just a load of hot air !!!
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Liked or Disliked?

Feel free to PM the story :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X