2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Well, McManus deserves to be in a strop then as it's easier to slow a match down than speed it up?
    Exactly, which is why the shotclock is a bad idea. IMO.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Liang down 9 - 0.

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Updating QR2 records of higher seeded players. The higher seeded player has won 67% of the time. So it's 85% in QR1 and only 67% in QR2. So the highest seeded player in a group of 8, on average, gets to today's stage 57% of the time. 16*0.57 = 9.1, so typically 9 of the top 16 get to today's round. This year 10 top seeded players have made, so 1 above average.

2018 - 20-12
        2017 - 23-9
        2016 - 25-7
        2015 - 18-14

Comment

• Record of higher ranked player in QR3 matches since the new format began in 2015. They've won 71% of the time.

2017 - 10-6
          2016 - 14-2
          2015 - 10-6

As I think about it, I think I've made a mistake in how I've predicted how many 17-32 seeds should have gotten to QR2. Instead of using all of the matches in each round to get a percentage, I should have only used matches involving those players. So, in reality, it's probably going to be more than 9.1 expected to get through to QR3. I'll take a look at that again.

I apologize to those of you who hated Math in school and are getting flashbacks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Liang down 9 - 0.

-
            Hard to see him turn that one around. I´ll miss him, Yan Bingtao and Martin Gould in the WC.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Stony152 (11) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Liang, Lisowski, Perry, Thepchaiya, Robertson, Maguire
              Odrl (10) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Holt, Liang, Lisowski, Walden, Perry, White, Maguire
              JimMalone (10) – Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Liang, McManus, Perry, Robertson, Maguire
              Mr Snooker (10) - Day, Xiao, Holt, Lyu, Stevens, Liang, Lisowski, Walden, Robertson, Maguire
              jw147 (9) - Ebdon, Highfield, Xiao, Zhang, Milkins, McLeod, McManus, Wakelin, Burden

If the overnight scores hold, the final result will be....

Stony152 - 8
              Odrl - 7
              Mr Snooker - 7
              JimMalone - 6
              jw147 - 4

The White/Robertson match is key. If Robertson wins, I should keep the lead. If White wins it's all to play for.

Comment

• Well, what the **** happend to Liang Wenbo ??? 9 nil down? How on Earth ?! Was he sick or something??
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  The White/Robertson match is key. If Robertson wins, I should keep the lead. If White wins it's all to play for.
                  I think I could possibly draw if Thepchaiya Un-Nooh loses to Burden. I would need a massive turnaround in the Holt-Milkins match to have a chance of winning. :smile:

Comment

• And here's Wakelin... He's got some people on the pitch... They think it's all over!

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      And here's Wakelin... He's got some people on the pitch... They think it's all over!
                      Just edged it, must've been the lessons we've dished out to him over the years
                      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Alfie showing his frustration, banging the table when missed that shot; I have always liked when my opponent shows their frustrations and anger in their own game, as it lifts my game.
                        Come on Alfie, calm down, play the balls, focus on your match and stop looking at the other tables
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Alfie showing his frustration, banging the table when missed that shot; I have always liked when my opponent shows their frustrations and anger in their own game, as it lifts my game.
                          Come on Alfie, calm down, play the balls, focus on your match and stop looking at the other tables
                          He still managed to pinch the frame after the F&M fiasco, good lad. I agree with you about the table thumping, always gladdens my heart. 😀

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Un-Nooh qualified, really glad for him also classy act by Alfie at end.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kayen147 View Post
                              Un-Nooh qualified, really glad for him also classy act by Alfie at end.
                              well done Un-Nooh - keeping ahead of Burden who was always clawing back

Shame for Burden (Q-School now?) as I have a soft spot for him as being the first Pro-player I spoke to
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Alfie showing his frustration, banging the table when missed that shot; I have always liked when my opponent shows their frustrations and anger in their own game, as it lifts my game.
                                I misread this and thought you typed "Ali" as he's a moody little git when things aren't going his way.

Comment

Working...
                                X