2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    I misread this and thought you typed "Ali" as he's a moody little git when things aren't going his way.
    yes he is - Ali that is; I have seen him on non-TV tables and some of his actions around the table are dubious at best.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Thanks to Maguire\Vafaei for doubling my investment B)

Comment

• So which of the Seeds do the Qualifiers want?

Carter must be their No 1 pick?

Comment

• Neal Foulds posted this picture what the Crucible would look like with three snooker tables set up after someone suggested having 64 players at the Crucible for the first round of the World championships with three tables in play. Cruciable Three Tables.jpg
          Last edited by Mr Snooker; 18 April 2018, 06:54 PM.
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• One going across would work better

Comment

• That loose safety means Vafaei is out; by a Maguire who did not have it all his own way and who seems to have found a shaving gel and blade that works for him

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                So which of the Seeds do the Qualifiers want?

Marco Fu, I'd have thought
                Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                  Marco Fu, I'd have thought
                  Easily Brecel, the way he's been playing lately. I don't think there's any way he gets by the first round unless his form improves dramatically.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    So which of the Seeds do the Qualifiers want?

I'd say Marco Fu, he hasn't played since the masters and he said his eyes are no better or worse.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                      Neal Foulds posted this picture what the Crucible would look like with three snooker tables set up after someone suggested having 64 players at the Crucible for the first round of the World championships with three tables in play. [ATTACH]19051[/ATTACH]
                      They'd be getting in each others way all the time.

Comment

• Of the 17-32 seeds, only 7 made it to the crucible. Three of us outperformed that benchmark.

Stony152 (10) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Lisowski, Perry, Thepchaiya, Robertson, Maguire
                        JimMalone (8) – Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Perry, Robertson, Maguire
                        Mr Snooker (8) - Day, Xiao, Lyu, Stevens, Lisowski, Walden, Robertson, Maguire
                        Odrl (7) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Lisowski, Walden, Perry, Maguire
                        jw147 (4) - Highfield, Xiao, Milkins, Wakelin

Comment

• I didn't notice Fu when I scanned the wiki page, lol.

Brecel is an odd one as he has had cue troubles? Has he got one that he "likes" yet?

Has McGill done much lately?

Comment

• Number of 17-32 seeds reaching the crucible under the new format. Last year the top seeds performed awfully in qualifying, while in 2016 75% made it to the crucible. In the four years that the new format has existed, just about exactly 50% of the top seeds have made. I'd imagine it was 70-80% under the old format of having to play only one qualifying match.

2018 - 7
                            2017 - 5
                            2016 - 12
                            2015 - 7
                            Last edited by Stony152; 18 April 2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                              Number of 17-32 seeds reaching the crucible under the new format. Last year the top seeds performed awfully in qualifying, while in 2016 75% made it to the crucible. In the four years that the new format has existed, just about exactly 50% of the top seeds have made. I'd imagine it was 70-80% under the old format of having to play only one qualifying match.

2018 - 7
                              2017 - 5
                              2016 - 12
                              2015 - 7
                              2015 -
                              What "new format" to the WSC are you mentioning?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                Of the 17-32 seeds, only 7 made it to the crucible. Three of us outperformed that benchmark.

Stony152 (10) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Lisowski, Perry, Thepchaiya, Robertson, Maguire
                                JimMalone (8) – Day, Xiao, Dott, Milkins, Lyu, Perry, Robertson, Maguire
                                Mr Snooker (8) - Day, Xiao, Lyu, Stevens, Lisowski, Walden, Robertson, Maguire
                                Odrl (7) - Day, Xiao, Dott, Lisowski, Walden, Perry, Maguire
                                jw147 (4) - Highfield, Xiao, Milkins, Wakelin
                                It's interesting that at least one of us chose almost every player that made it. The only two exceptions being Stuart Carrington (Gould section) and Jamie Jones (Liang section)

Comment

Working...
                                X