2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    I thought it was well out of order when he walked past the ROS changing room shouting ,"Taxi for Numpty," well out of order.
    Did he really?

As above in this thread there is something wrong about Carter....

Also he must think he is one of the Numpties, as he clearly isn't in what ROS was talking about.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      Did he really?

As above in this thread there is something wrong about Carter....

Also he must think he is one of the Numpties, as he clearly isn't in what ROS was talking about.
      Nah he didn't but you win the quick fire round for fastest trigger, 7 minutes I think.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Nah he didn't but you win the quick fire round for fastest trigger, 7 minutes I think.

Wilson has shagged another tip at the Crucible.....

Comment

• So therapeutic watching MW play snooker. He's so... floaty!
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Happiest man now will be the final ref moore

Comment

Wilson has shagged another tip at the Crucible.....
              After my last comment I'm not sure if I am going to bite on that one due to my blog on it last year.

I'll just check the snooker out first as the forum has distracted me!

Comment

• Big chip shown on Eurosport: Johnson says no match for a few days to break in a new one, then tried to make the match "intereting" by giving Jones a chance from 12-5 down....

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  What on Earth is your logic there? John Higgins has 4 titles from 6 finals and Ding has zero from one. How is Ding the main choice?
                  I quite like Ding's chances now as well. He played terrifically well at the Crucible in 2016 and 2017, only losing to an excellent Selby, and I think seeing the two favourites go out could give him a nice boost of confidence and motivation. He was also quite lucky with the draw this year, with only Hawkins really standing in his way before the semi-finals, so he could get there without expending too much energy. He made a good start against Xiao as well.

But then again, considering how horribly I've misjudged things in this Championship so far, I could be wrong again... :smile:

Comment

• How does Williams manage to bust so many tips considering the vast majority of his shots are just roll ins? You'd think trump would be more the type of player to consistently wreck tips as he hits the ball hard pretty often.

Had to laugh at the "taxi for a numpty" would have been hilarious if that had happened and got recorded.

Comment

Big chip shown on Eurosport: Johnson says no match for a few days to break in a new one, then tried to make the match "intereting" by giving Jones a chance from 12-5 down....
                      I've just seen it on the red button so I am absolutely gob smacked that this can happen 2 years on the bounce.

I'm not sure if his tip is just worn by the time he reaches the World Championships or he just likes to play with a thin depth tip.

His tip this year is pretty much a replica of the one that chipped in last years competition, it would be interesting to know which tip he uses.

It isn't a great chink out of the top of the tip but it is exactly where you don't want it to be about 12 0'clock.

If you look at most pros tips, the ones that aren't perfect are always worn right at the top so a chunk out of it will get in his head I would think as it certainly did last year, hard not to.

You can only hope that his team (and they are a good one) after last years issues have a couple they have worn in and cut off so's not to repeat last years problems.

If you want to see last years tip size you can see it here:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/profess...er-tip-shapes/

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        How does Williams manage to bust so many tips considering the vast majority of his shots are just roll ins? You'd think trump would be more the type of player to consistently wreck tips as he hits the ball hard pretty often.

Had to laugh at the "taxi for a numpty" would have been hilarious if that had happened and got recorded.
                        Wilson, lol

Comment

I've just seen it on the red button so I am absolutely gob smacked that this can happen 2 years on the bounce.

I'm not sure if his tip is just worn by the time he reaches the World Championships or he just likes to play with a thin depth tip.

His tip this year is pretty much a replica of the one that chipped in last years competition, it would be interesting to know which tip he uses.

It isn't a great chink out of the top of the tip but it is exactly where you don't want it to be about 12 0'clock.

If you look at most pros tips, the ones that aren't perfect are always worn right at the top so a chunk out of it will get in his head I would think as it certainly did last year, hard not to.

You can only hope that his team (and they are a good one) after last years issues have a couple they have worn in and cut off so's not to repeat last years problems.

If you want to see last years tip size you can see it here:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/profess...er-tip-shapes/
                          From 12 months ago...

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                            Happiest man now will be the final ref moore
                            Eh?
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• re tip: Selby said there wasn't enough to get through the Tournament, and White agreed.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                                How does Williams manage to bust so many tips considering the vast majority of his shots are just roll ins? You'd think trump would be more the type of player to consistently wreck tips as he hits the ball hard pretty often.

I was at the match when Mark Allen beat ROS and the devil sat on my shoulder whispering it in my ear to jump up and shout it as he had just said it previously.

He certainly has all the talent and to be fair, the remark was probably taken out of context.........still tempting though.

Comment

Working...
                                X