• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    and on the other table, Higgins has gone 7-0 up
    Higgins is the man to beat.

Comment

• Jack has been poor, and has been given a lesson and a half.....

Comment

• Hmm bit of an over reaction there ehh

Comment

• Carter definitely deserved the win, far better play.however what a Bell end.
          H.b.142

Comment

• I wonder if Carter just spent his emotional store for the tournament with that match - good win, but Ronnie will be looking back at a real missed opportunity to progress.

Comment

• Goat sended home to his love boat

Comment

• **puts feet on table** Now I can enjoy the rest of the tournament without die hard Ronnie fans about.

Comment

• This must be Ding's best chance to win the WC. The draw has opened wide up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    This must be Ding's best chance to win the WC. The draw has opened wide up.
                    I was just about to ask if Ding was still in. I lose track of things so easily these days.

Anyway, good to know. Would love to see him win.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• As for this strange incident in the 19th (?) frame, I think both were not acting properly. The climate was icy from the beginning and this was a decisive moment in the match. Don't know who was more guilty for the jostle (if that's the right word).
                      Maybe Carter did say something first about Ronnie not excusing for what was clearly a fluky snooker. At least at the end of the match there was a handshake.

It's interesting. I expected the frosty atmosphere between those two, but I thought it would be Ali, who would suffer from this and break down. But he handled it exceptionally well, much better than Ronnie. Never have him seen so focused and calm. He played clever, great safeties and cracking long pots. Well deserved win.

So: Selby gone, O'Sullivan gone.

Who's the favorite now? Ding and maybe Higgins would be the logical choices I think (I'd say mainly Ding, but I don't want to jinx him), but as this World Championship points out, there is nearly everything possible.
                      Last edited by JimMalone; 28 April 2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                        This must be Ding's best chance to win the WC. The draw has opened wide up.
                        Agree! It's a real chance for those still batting - the man with the most desire and heart will win...
                        As he does every year
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Well played to Carter, I never believed he had much chance of beating O'Sullivan here. He's never really been known for his mental strength in the past, but I have to say that pot to the middle when he was tight under the black cushion was superb, as was his clearance to steal the penultimate frame. He was really determined right from the start, perhaps even to the point of behaving a little unsportingly at times, but it definitely worked for him on this occasion.

I'm not sure whether Carter's behaviour affected O'Sullivan, that "incident" certainly indicated that it might have done, but I think the main problem was just the fact that O'Sullivan didn't really bring particularly good form to this year's Championship. He was missing most of the balls that were a little bit tricky in both of his matches, and on this occasion he came up against an opponent who punished him well enough.

That's both of my big favourites out before the quarter-finals... I don't usually like to see that, but it will certainly make for an interesting conclusion to this tournament. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            About to say similar. I asked the question yesterday; would he choke when the finishing line loomed? I thought he was going to answer positively the way he started, but he stalled with 10 frames on the board and that was the end of that.
                            Yeah, i stopped watching at 10-10, thought i would come back if there is decider but there wasnt

Comment

• GOAT is out.

Congrats to Ali played well and deserved to win. Shame that Ronnie never produced better than his C game + lost I think two frames because of bad contacts. Winning surely meant a lot for Ali, but did he just overreact a bit? Ronnie at least showed some sportsmanship in the handshake.

Hoping for a third WC for Williams now.

Did Ronnie mention in some interview that he'll be commentating in final and semi-final if he lost? That would be great IMO.

Comment

• hope this is dings title now. just need all the other seeds out haha

Comment

Working...
                                X