2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Barry Stark, a font of snooker knowledge and a true gent surely they don't have long top wait to achieve the success they have worked hard for.
    BS does seem to be, and a fair few of us tipped (ho ho) Kyren for the Final this year.

Of all the Coaching vids that I have watched in the last 15 months, his are by far the best as he isn't preaching one way....

This is one of my faves as he goes on about different reactions as players\timing etc is different - from that minute or so I think I understand "timing", lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
      Been watching Ding practice lately. Trust me, this is his year.
      Do you mind if I don't? I would love it, but he misses too many pressure balls.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        I quite like Ding's chances now as well.
        ...but between Ding and Higgins, logically, wouldn't you make Higgins favourite even if you feel Ding might win?? I've warmed to Ding a bit but not enough that I'd like to see him win the tournament, but then again I'd rather not see Carter win it either. Good players, but I don't get pleasure watching them unless it's a good opponent.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Do you mind if I don't? I would love it, but he misses too many pressure balls.
          Same, but he implodes ratehr than just pressure shots?

That raising of the Butt on the Blue last year was like Jack\Milkin....

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            ...but between Ding and Higgins, logically, wouldn't you make Higgins favourite even if you feel Ding might win?? I've warmed to Ding a bit but not enough that I'd like to see him win the tournament, but then again I'd rather not see Carter win it either. Good players, but I don't get pleasure watching them unless it's a good opponent.
            Ding vs Wilson?

Comment

• Milkins and Williams doesn´t really look like the stuff WCs are made of at the moment. A scrappy affair.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I've now got a Hawkins\Caerter semi in my head, and I wouldn't watch it, tbh.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                  BS does seem to be, and a fair few of us tipped (ho ho) Kyren for the Final this year.

Of all the Coaching vids that I have watched in the last 15 months, his are by far the best as he isn't preaching one way....

This is one of my faves as he goes on about different reactions as players\timing etc is different - from that minute or so I think I understand "timing", lol.

Love his videos, he explains things so simply.

A coach actually had this in a lesson I had once and I wish I had taken more notice of it as Barry is exactly right when he says a lot of problems result from side when you can in fact play a lot of shots using centre ball striking.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Love his videos, he explains things so simply.

A coach actually had this in a lesson I had once and I wish I had taken more notice of it as Barry is exactly right when he says a lot of problems result from side when you can in fact play a lot of shots using centre ball striking.

Simply and not dogmatically.....

Yep to a lot, and I am on the cusp of going Maple to get me back on the Centre Line: I blame the SIT thread and people denying it and it's benefits for me going "Alex", well ROS too, but let's not start that again - but there is something about the off straight Black and running side out of the angles...

Comment

Ding vs Wilson?
                      I like Wilson, so I'd love to see it

Comment

there is something about the off straight Black and running side out of the angles...
                        I practice that one a lot to get me out of trouble.

A guy came in the club the other day and said I was hitting the cue ball wrong.

He said I was missing the centre of the ball every single time. With a heavy frown I just gave up, told him he was right and carried on; not worth trying to explain what you are doing to some experts of this wonderful game.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• That's a good tutorial, but I don't really understand why he would say "No need for side at all" at the 5:48 mark. Surely whether or not you need side depends on what you want the cue ball to do? If either running or check side would get the ball into a position which would allow the break to continue, then side is required.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Does anyone know why Williams is playing one handed when playing out of snookers when the balls close to the rail. Obviously he must feel comfortable about it, but it really looks strange.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              That's a good tutorial, but I don't really understand why he would say "No need for side at all" at the 5:48 mark. Surely whether or not you need side depends on what you want the cue ball to do? If either running or check side would get the ball into a position which would allow the break to continue, then side is required.
                              That will be what he means. Go to his Playlists: there is one on side (looping back to SIT) - as he said in the one I posted "I don't say don't use side, but be careful..." ie know and practice what you are doing....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                                Does anyone know why Williams is playing one handed when playing out of snookers when the balls close to the rail. Obviously he must feel comfortable about it, but it really looks strange.
                                He's been doing it this season, and this match is decidedly chilled etc.

Hopefully Milkins will push him close, as (and this is my problem with him winning this) Williams assumes he will win, or is';t bothered.

Comment

Working...
                                X