2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Well, how can somebody, who became World Champion in Snooker not be at least a "good player"?

I think there have been better players that have never been World Champion and I wouldn't include him in my Top 8 (or maybe Top 10) active players, but his performance in the 2015 edition, when he grabbed the title, was quite impressive to me.
    Well I never suggested he wasn't a good player to be fair. Just that he doesn't impress me.

Originally Posted by armstm View Post
    ebdon is an excellent commentator
    He over-enthuses for my liking. Everything he says is peppered with accolades and superlatives.
    Last edited by Billy; 25 April 2018, 01:18 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Well I never suggested he wasn't a good player to be fair. Just that he doesn't impress me.
      That's right. I read it the wrong way. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        Especially when you consider he won it with a really dodgy, poorly made cue... eh Andy? x
        Ha ha it was a shocker of a cue but he loved it, makes his win even more of a great feat, ps I had £2 on him at 300/1 months before it started.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          Ha ha it was a shocker of a cue but he loved it, makes his win even more of a great feat, ps I had £2 on him at 300/1 months before it started.
          Did you make his cue? :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            That's right. I read it the wrong way. Sorry.
            No problem

I’d love to know what the fascination is with these punters in the background, of getting their face on camera. I’m probably just a miserable grumpy old fart, but do they not realise how moronic they appear to others?
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The Milkman officially gone into his usual self-destruct mode.

Comment

The Milkman officially gone into his usual self-destruct mode.
                He looks like a complete different player today. I haven't seen each match but this seems to be the worst match of this year's championship so far.

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised at all if Milkins loses the match from here.
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                    Wouldn't be surprised at all if Milkins loses the match from here.
                    I think few would.

Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                    He looks like a complete different player today. I haven't seen each match but this seems to be the worst match of this year's championship so far.
                    I think the realisation of what he achieved yesterday is beginning to dawn on him.

Comment

• Unfortunately Robbo still looks like the player he was yesterday...

Comment

• Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                        Unfortunately Robbo still looks like the player he was yesterday...
                        Yeah. Not exactly capitalising, is he?

Comment

Yeah. Not exactly capitalising, is he?
                          Not yet. Hopefully he can take the last frame before the MSI.

Comment

• Come on the Milkman!!
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                              Come on the Milkman!!
                              Don't tempt fate! We've seen stranger things happen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                                Come on the Milkman!!
                                seems to have heard you...

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Don't tempt fate! We've seen stranger things happen.
                                don't want to jinx him
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X