Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    I like McManus a lot. He's good at setting the scene without the usual generic cliche's that we get from others. 5-3 is deserved for Carter. ROS not really been at the races and anytime Carter missed, he'd leave ROS with a 'tricky' shot (or a double) which the latter hasn't been good enough to deal with.

Slightly worrying for Ronnie that he's started poorly in both matches. I'm thankful this is first to 13 because I see Carter hitting 10 first.

Leave a comment:

• stephenm2682
    replied
    Originally Posted by armstm View Post
    McManus is ok as a commentator but chucks in some weird chat from time to time. referred to the crucible as a fertile garden last night.
    Must of got his tip wet last night

Leave a comment:

• armstm
    replied
    McManus is ok as a commentator but chucks in some weird chat from time to time. referred to the crucible as a fertile garden last night.

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Carter needs to stop missing shots like that blue. He has been playing well but a few missed shots have cost him frames.

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    So Trump's Last Frame Decider win rate goes above 45.6%....

Did anyone watch this on Eurosport? Who was the coach going on about Judd's technique? I have been saying similar for long enough to have bored myself....
    What did he say? Something about it letting him down under pressure?

Leave a comment:

• ManiaMuse
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    QUick question guys

If a low ranked player won the World championships. Let's say they didn't get that much higher in the rankings by next year, would they have to go through qualifying again, or as the reigning champion, would they get straight into the main draw ?
    I remember one year that Ronnie won it after not playing much he was mightily relieved that he wouldn't have to go through qualifying the next year (and would also be granted a place at the Masters despite not being in the top 16).

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    QUick question guys

If a low ranked player won the World championships. Let's say they didn't get that much higher in the rankings by next year, would they have to go through qualifying again, or as the reigning champion, would they get straight into the main draw ?
    The champion is straight in as #1 Seed

If the champion is outside the top 16, then only the top 15 will go through to the final event, as the champion takes the #1 seed place and Rank #16 would have to qualify

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    QUick question guys

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Any chance Ronnie deliberately potted the white so that he did not leave Ali with a chance at that red?

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    I found that but it's not the story he referred to during pre-match interview. Something about a dressing room?

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    What's the story on Ali Carter's remarks on ROS? I missed that...
    From a quick Google..https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ot...n-last-16-news

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    What's the story on Ali Carter's remarks on ROS? I missed that...

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Originally Posted by armstm View Post
    last year was still in trump's head but hopefully he can now relax now and play better snooker.
    Hopefully for his sake he can play at least very near his best but he just does not seem to have it in him at times when it really matters. It would be great if he proved me wrong but I cannot see him doing well this year.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    So Trump's Last Frame Decider win rate goes above 45.6%....

Did anyone watch this on Eurosport? Who was the coach going on about Judd's technique? I have been saying similar for long enough to have bored myself....

Leave a comment:

• armstm
    replied
    last year was still in trump's head but hopefully he can now relax now and play better snooker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X