Clear All

• blahblah01
    replied
    Phew. Hope he wins...

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    Great sport Hawkins. I wanted a Higgins-Williams final, but I don't want Hawkins to lose.
    This is exactly the way I feel.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Didn't work for Cliff Wilson, but worked wonders for Fred Davis one year lol

Leave a comment:

• The Rook
    replied
    Great sport Hawkins. I wanted a Higgins-Williams final, but I don't want Hawkins to lose.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    I did similar way back when...
    Oooh, I get you now.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    You mean Higgins? I sort of guessed that, but I asked because I don't understand what it has to do with me thinking I can influence the outcome of a match by not watching.
    I did similar way back when...

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I can understand this. I don't even have an overwhelming favorite in this match (though I have a preference for Williams), but it's such a nailbiter, I hardly can sit still.
    Glad it's not just me. As stupid as it sounds I think I'm going to have to record the rest, and then fast forward through to the final few balls (providing they're Mark's).

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Lol I am old and he did win stuff .
    You mean Higgins? I sort of guessed that, but I asked because I don't understand what it has to do with me thinking I can influence the outcome of a match by not watching.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Alex? Alex who?
    Lol I am old and he did win stuff .

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Don't know what's happened to me in my old age, but I honestly can't watch close matches when it involves a player I really want to win.

I have to flick channels for 15 minutes or so, and then check back, as seeing the score updated in such a way is less painful than watching it unfold.
    I can understand this. I don't even have an overwhelming favorite in this match (though I have a preference for Williams), but it's such a nailbiter, I hardly can sit still.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Well it kinda worked with Alex...
    Alex? Alex who?

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    That's it exactly. I feel like my watching is a bad omen, and that if I don't watch they might just start playing well. Quite ridiculous.
    Well it kinda worked with Alex...

I did that with Fruit Machines as a kid

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Kinda like those players on the poker machines who cover the screen up before seeing what card they get like that's in anyway going to influence it.
    That's it exactly. I feel like my watching is a bad omen, and that if I don't watch they might just start playing well. Quite ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Don't know what's happened to me in my old age, but I honestly can't watch close matches when it involves a player I really want to win.

I have to flick channels for 15 minutes or so, and then check back, as seeing the score updated in such a way is less painful than watching it unfold.
    Kinda like those players on the poker machines who cover the screen up before seeing what card they get like that's in anyway going to influence it.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied

I have to flick channels for 15 minutes or so, and then check back, as seeing the score is less painful than watching it unfold.
    I was like that when young

Leave a comment:

Working...
X