X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
    I don't think boys and girls are tall enough to lean over the table and brush the cloth.

Also, the cloth is a little too delicate to have children go anywhere near it.
    Teenagers?
    If top pupils from top schools can behave during Wimbledon, I doubt that a green baize would be too difficult?
    It's a great way to promote good behaviour among young people- which is never a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
    I don't think boys and girls are tall enough to lean over the table and brush the cloth.

sometimes I think the pros should not be allowed near it either

seriously though, isn't every 4 frames enough?

Leave a comment:

• mcsilks
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    Yeah - I was thinking of more of a way to reach out into the community.
    As prestigious Wimbledon is, I'd bet those ball girls and boys allow the tournament owners / promoters to access charitable / public funds justifiably easier.
    Just a random thought.... :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Anyone know what interrupted the William's match?
    I had it on and nothing stood out as any interruption; maybe it was the score-feed that was disrupted?
    for the 3rd session
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyuTl6lxZJ8

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    They do get brushed during msi ? You can see them doing it on the telly ��
    Yeah - I was thinking of more of a way to reach out into the community.
    As prestigious Wimbledon is, I'd bet those ball girls and boys allow the tournament owners / promoters to access charitable / public funds justifiably easier.
    Just a random thought.... :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• mcsilks
    replied
    Had Higgins been playing his 'A' game, this match would have been over before this last session.

He's going to win this match without even playing that well by his standards.

He's head and shoulders above his opponent when he's playing well.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Anyone know what interrupted the William's match?

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Or do it every 4 frames....
    They do get brushed during msi ? You can see them doing it on the telly 😆

Leave a comment:

• kligu
    replied
    Is it just me or does Wilson never leave something easy after going for a wild shot?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Why done WS have table cleaners for the start of each frame?
    If Wimbledon can get ball boys and girls, then surely WS can get local pupils to clean the tables down quickly before each frame between adverts?
    A tiny bit of table maintenance training - between two trained pupils, the table could get a quick brush down in less that a minute.
    ---
    Or do it every 4 frames...
    Plus it would be another way to promote the game to young people.
    Why do you think the table needs cleaning between every frame?

It doesn't as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect it could even affect the way it plays.

Leave a comment:

• mcsilks
    replied
    Is that idiot in the crowd going to be doing loud whistles for every half decent shot!?!

How annoying.

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Why done WS have table cleaners for the start of each frame?
    If Wimbledon can get ball boys and girls, then surely WS can get local pupils to clean the tables down quickly before each frame between adverts?
    A tiny bit of table maintenance training - between two trained pupils, the table could get a quick brush down in less that a minute.
    ---
    Or do it every 4 frames...
    Plus it would be another way to promote the game to young people.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    My Sky didn't record this morning's session for some reason, but I see on a live score website that the match was 'interrupted'. What happened?

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Wasn't Higgins 7-3 down against Trump? That must have included at a lost session.
    That's right. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Barry hasn't lost a session since the 1st round, can anyone tell me if it's the same for Higgins?
    Wasn't Higgins 7-3 down against Trump? That must have included at a lost session.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X