Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odrl
    replied
    It's amazing how Lyu has dominated the second half of the match after going behind in both of the first two sessions. What a crucial foul on the pink from Hawkins that could turn out to be... :smile:

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    loving this match with wilson and jones. must say, quite like watching jamie jones play.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    .......Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ? ........
    I read/heard somewhere that he was having an operation

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Harold Holt invented the "swan-neck" rest head we know today (original name "Spannrest" or "spanrest") patented in 1951.

yep, I do feel there is a general "dislike" to AC around the tour, don't know why, what or wherefore
    Hmmm, so almost a play on words from the original name....

re AC: possibly why a few have typed similar here, without being able (or wanting) to point finger on it?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Why is it called a Swan Neck Peter ? ...........probably because it looks like a Swan Dennis .

What a XXXX !

Is it me or is Ali Carter liked by his fellow Pro's and snooker Journalists ? I feel that the is something below the surface that we don't know about [ i've heard something mentioned but not going to put it on the Forum ] . Probably just Chinese Whispers anyway

Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ?

I like his steely determination in both his personal and professional life , so hope all of the above is just a load of hot air !!!
    Harold Holt invented the "swan-neck" rest head we know today (original name "Spannrest" or "spanrest") patented in 1951.

yep, I do feel there is a general "dislike" to AC around the tour, don't know why, what or wherefore

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Liked or Disliked?

Feel free to PM the story :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Why is it called a Swan Neck Peter ? ...........probably because it looks like a Swan Dennis .

What a XXXX !

Is it me or is Ali Carter liked by his fellow Pro's and snooker Journalists ? I feel that the is something below the surface that we don't know about [ i've heard something mentioned but not going to put it on the Forum ] . Probably just Chinese Whispers anyway

Read that he was the only Pro who didn't turn up to the Press day , and the way it was worded , they weren't too bothered that he didn't ! . Is it mandatory ? Will he get fined for that ?

I like his steely determination in both his personal and professional life , so hope all of the above is just a load of hot air !!!

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    I've just searched through the years and if I didn't miss somebody I think Lyu would become the youngest player to reach the quarterfinals at the World Championship since Ronnie O'Sullivan in 1996.
    He is slightly younger than Matthew Stevens, who was also 20 when he got to this stage in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• sealer
    replied
    Lyu - Hawkins 9-9 :-)

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    yep, been a real pleasure to watch as well
    He has the start of a Fan Club here

He's in my ROS, Jack and Ding group....

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Kudos to Lyu. At 8-3 I really didn't see him coming back. But he's been playing superb since.
    yep, been a real pleasure to watch as well

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Kudos to Lyu. At 8-3 I really didn't see him coming back. But he's been playing superb since.

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Lyu Haotian brilliant start, can he keep it up?

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    It's quite simple. The way he behaves and what he says.
    He has no respect for other players (except maybe Higgins, Selby, Hendry, and even them he insulted in the past), his statements contradict themselves more often than not and some things he say are either plain stupid or just provocative - and not only his comments, but also his demeanour is this way often. And I can't stand boorishness.
    O'Sullivan mostly reminds me of a petulant child.
    I just care what they do on the snooker table, I don't care about any of the other stuff. He is the best, I want to see the best playing well so I want to watch him and watch him playing his best. If I was worried about what sports people did away from the sport they play I would not watch any sport. Sport is riddled with amoral or immoral people, I am sure most of the snooker players fit in there as well. So just watch the best snooker and don't work about anything they might be doing outside of that.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
    Well put another way, I'd rather have an idea over who I might see when buying a ticket than it be a lottery.
    But you know which Seed you wll see, assuming they win - and when do you think the tickets get sold?

The Draw is only completed 48 hours before the start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X