No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great matches scheduled for tomorrow including Ronnie’s first match of the season.

Comment

Shanghai Masters 2018

yep, working at home tomorrow so I can have the volume up
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nice gesture by Mark Williams there to offer the rerack
        McGill stuck in the pack after potting a Red; referee confirm it was an "Impossible snooker" and that Antony will have to play as if to hit a nominated colour but will be penalised with a Foul (but no Miss), when Mark then offered the rerack

Comment

Good comeback by Higgins to level things at 3-3. McGill has clean shaven his head, I didn’t recognise him at first glance
          Last edited by fkhan; 12 September 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Day wins it finally.

Comment

I noticed this year, The Shangi Masters is now an invitational event and not a ranking event, any reason for this and why of the change. Also when does the prize money earned in the 2016 Shangi Masters come off the players order of merit is it before or after the event or just before the next ranking event which is the China Championship.
              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Shanghai Masters 2018

Reason - money.... what else?
                the prize money comes off at the start of the event.
                last year there was an announcement that they were changing it to invitational for the top 16 plus some Chinese wildcards.
                http://www.worldsnooker.com/shanghai-masters-become-lucrative-non-ranking-event-history/

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Nice gesture by Mark Williams there to offer the rerack
                  McGill stuck in the pack after potting a Red; referee confirm it was an "Impossible snooker" and that Antony will have to play as if to hit a nominated colour but will be penalised with a Foul (but no Miss), when Mark then offered the rerack
                  What would have happened had MJW not offered the re-rack? Just one foul and then it would have been MJW's turn, right?
                  Last edited by motorhead; 12 September 2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                    What would have happened had MJW not offered the re-rack? Just one foul and then it would have been MJW's turn, right?
                    yep, as long as Anthony attempts to play the cue-ball to a ball on with enough strength to reach and right angle (direct or indirect) that the referee deems it would have contacted the ball on, only a Foul. If he did not (as in not to his ability) then a Miss can still be called.
                    The commentators said it was unusual as MJW could have been well set for the frame but I think it was good of him

Comment

Ronnie is in the semis. Century tally reaches 950.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed? Quite a few players have missed very easy shots this tournament. Are the pockets too tight?

Comment

They are definitely tighter than most tournaments, nothing silly is going in. A welcome change, if you ask me. :smile:

I've enjoyed what I've seen of this tournament so far. I hope to be able to watch O'Sullivan-Wilson in full tomorrow, but I have a suspicion there won't be time. :frown:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            They are definitely tighter than most tournaments, nothing silly is going in. A welcome change, if you ask me. :smile:

I've enjoyed what I've seen of this tournament so far. I hope to be able to watch O'Sullivan-Wilson in full tomorrow, but I have a suspicion there won't be time. :frown:
                            Yes, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Day wins it finally.
                              Love the way he hits the ball, hes really improved last 2 seasons

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                                Love the way he hits the ball, hes really improved last 2 seasons
                                Yes, unlucky to have won against Higgins only to lose the next round against Kyren. Also, I saw that he was brushing the table with his hand a lot in the match against Higgins, which obviously transferred the chalk and dust to his cue causing him to wipe his cue more.

Comment

Working...
                                X