No announcement yet.

International Championship Quals 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So with Barry Hawkins and to a lesser extent Ryan Day two more prominent names went out today. Only five Top 16 players left in the round of sixteen in Daqing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Hoping for Yuan Sijun against Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong against Zhou Yuelong in the semi-finals. :wink:
      Okay, the bottom half didn't go according to plan today, but the players over 40 had a bad day as well, with six of them losing. Matthew Stevens is still alive, winning two matches with a highest break of 57 and no other breaks over 50. I will eat my hat if he beats Ding tomorrow. :wink:

Comment

Okay, the bottom half didn't go according to plan today, but the players over 40 had a bad day as well, with six of them losing. Matthew Stevens is still alive, winning two matches with a highest break of 57 and no other breaks over 50. I will eat my hat if he beats Ding tomorrow. :wink:
        Hope its not a Stetson.....:biggrin-new:
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It doesn't need to be the very young ones. I'd also like semis between Selby or Yuan and Lisowski or Yan and on the lower side Ding vs. Akani. ;-)

Comment

I'm just joking a little, I would take anything. It would be interesting to see a younger line-up though, perhaps similar to the one we had in the China Championship. :smile:

Comment

Another great result for Martin O'Donnell into the 1/4's , a nice pay day for him .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I'm out for lunch but I won't be taking my hat, so I'll have to eat it at home for dessert if the unthinkable happens. :smile: Expecting Ding to win 6-0 though. Robertson against Yuan Sijun should be the better match. :smile:

Comment

Big frame for Robertson to win, levelling the score at 4-4. He needed two snookers on the last red, but Yuan Sijun hit the pink and gave 6 points away, and Robertson cleared up to win by a point on the black. It will be tough for Yuan to recover from this one. :smile:

Comment

And a total clearance from Robertson to follow... Ouch. :smile:

Comment

And another total clearance from Robertson to win 6-4. From 40 points down in the 8th frame, he basically played perfect snooker for the next two and a half frames, very well played.

Comment

decider for Ding and Stevens
                        can Stevens get a win over Ding - for the first time?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          decider for Ding and Stevens
                          can Stevens get a win over Ding - for the first time?
                          Maybe, just maybe....

Comment

snookers required....

Comment

phew, well done Stevens

Comment

Mmmm, what can I say, well played to Stevens. I didn't really give him any chance today. :smile:

Ding was unconvincing in all three of his matches though, he is just not playing like a top8 player at all at the moment...

Comment

Working...
                                X