Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump on his day great and all that
    but decider win percentage of 48% tells the tale
    i think his refound confidence will give him a good 6-12 months and then he will fall back again
    his cueing is allover the place

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      But this is exactly why he's gained a reputation as a bottler - deep runs, yes, but then he falls.

I like the lad. The only unfair reputation he has in my opinion, is the one of being arrogant and big-headed. He's clearly quite a shy lad and I believe it is this that people are misinterpreting as arrogance.
      Me too re the latter, he seems quite quotes and shy\withdrawn?

His record in Final Frame deciders is poor for a top player, imho, and I'm sure the bridge arm movemement contributes to his fragility under pressure. Last night he was well in the way to steam coming out of his ears and nose. I think it was a very poor safety that let him have a free bash (and I mean bash) at the red in the corner with a straight forward safe on the black. It looked like there was a plant to the left middle (tv wise); and tbh scatterring the reds would have put the pressure on Judd.

Agreeing the (very amusing, as I double read the post at the time as I thought there must be a second not, but hadn't read it); most Snooker Matches are won\lost between ears. This is why matches like the last are special: the way momentum etc swing from player to player with both standing up and slugging back was the point. Looping back to Trump, and the others, can they go that deep? Have that much self belief? ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
        Trump on his day great and all that
        but decider win percentage of 48% tells the tale
        i think his refound confidence will give him a good 6-12 months and then he will fall back again
        his cueing is allover the place
        Posted at same time... I'm sure it is worse in Finals, and that 48 includes "lesser players".

His action hasn't changed?

Comment

• action is worse thenb before
          but he has decided long ago (i think) to not listen to anyone saying he should try to be more this or that

he is winning tournaments now and again
          but surely on bad days, missing shots as far as he can miss them, will eat confidence and really tells something is very wrong

Kyren Wilson is better and better but he is so stiff that also on good days 1 or 2 go very very astray
          thats why i think now in between frames he is consistently doing a Steve Davis
          feathering in mid air
          keeping that arm relaxed

Comment

• Ronnie salvaged what was there, I expect him to punish Judd tonight. Judd is potting some crazy balls but his control is nowhere near sophisticated control of Ronnie.

Comment

• I love watching Ronnie... but... am I the only one who's getting a little tired of his prima donna antics, throwing photographers out - 3 or 4 in this even alone, walking off because of noises in the arena (never seemed to bother Trump)?

Not Ronnie bashing as he is one of my fave players but its becoming tiresome....
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                I love watching Ronnie... but... am I the only one who's getting a little tired of his prima donna antics, throwing photographers out - 3 or 4 in this even alone, walking off because of noises in the arena (never seemed to bother Trump)?

Not Ronnie bashing as he is one of my fave players but its becoming tiresome....
                I kind of wonder if its genuinely not 'game playing' (appreciate you didn't suggest it was), but he's got some unavoidable OCD tendencies (I hope thats not offensive, I mean that in a factual way, hopefully thats the right way to say it), have you noticed how often he's been wiping the table or picking up bits from it all week?

I suspect its one of his coping mechanisms, as with the denying it means anything to him, its probably a way of self re-assuring that its not him, but external factors.

Again, I don't mean that to be offensive to anyone with OCD tendencies, I'm trying to say that I don't think he does these things necessarily consciously, its a coping mechanism.

Comment

• I think a buzzing noise can be really irritating - some audience members could hear it even if Trump didn't appear bothered. There's no point insisting on quiet if buzzing noises are permitted in an auditorium. It may well be in part a reflection on his state of mind, but even so it was clearly getting to him and I think that's fair enough.

I was watching the world championships in Sheffield and one of the players asked if a family with very small children could move seats away from the front rows - that was accommodated without any fuss or criticism. I just think Ronnie gets far too much attention for anything he does and people criticise him for it even though they are also feeding into it by giving him so much attention and scrutiny.

Comment

• Alright, a bit of frustration there, but hardly angry/seething... and a rare show of frustration at that.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Some worrying signs of Trump reverting to type....
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Quite interesting when they replayed a long pot that Trump missed in the 11th frame , the replay was front on , and it is quite evident that he is moving a lot on the shot . Yet this afternoon his long potting was excellent .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Quite interesting when they replayed a long pot that Trump missed in the 11th frame , the replay was front on , and it is quite evident that he is moving a lot on the shot . Yet this afternoon his long potting was excellent .
                          Yes, a number of people on here who know about the mechanics, say about the way he sights the ball and cues across it when he feathers but then goes through straight on the shot, maybe this unusual trait lets him down when under pressure sometimes. Everyone struggles under pressure but add another factor and maybe the percentages for missing become greater.

He's doing well tonight, but this could be the difference going down the wire.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• He does it on pretty much every shot: watch his bridge elbow and shoulder....

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              He does it on pretty much every shot: watch his bridge elbow and shoulder....
                              It is quite a lot of movement isn't it, add pressure,and that's why he hit across a few this evening for sure.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                                I love watching Ronnie... but... am I the only one who's getting a little tired of his prima donna antics, throwing photographers out - 3 or 4 in this even alone, walking off because of noises in the arena (never seemed to bother Trump)?

He is in danger of becoming a bit "Elton John", although Elton was supposed to have called reception in a hotel he was staying in once complaining it was too windy outside and that they needed to F***ing do something about it! So, on second thoughts he's just being a tart, not a complete Douglas Hurd.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X