No announcement yet.

2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time tonight Mark Allens eyes have got flames in them. I think he might be ready to fly.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I'll never understand the logic behind players having family members in the audience during big matches. Okay, so some may feel genuinely comforted by their presence, but isn't the pressure they must already be feeling enough for these people, without that horrible notion you're letting others down, too, if you fail to prove yourself?
      I get what you mean because i would feel pressure too.But i am generally socially anxious whereas these players have far better mental strength and can actually feel more motivated and bite harder with the support behind their back.So their brain feeds on support they get.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
        I get what you mean because i would feel pressure too.But i am generally socially anxious whereas these players have far better mental strength and can actually feel more motivated and bite harder with the support behind their back.So their brain feeds on support they get.
        Interesting theory

Comment

• Getting very scrappy now. Hopefully leads to a 6-5!

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
            Yeah, probably says more about me than anything else. All I know is that if I put on a poor show with members of my family watching, I'd want to avoid them for the rest of the day. All that "It's okay. You tried your best and that's all anyone can do" would only make me feel worse.

There was one particular miss from Tom Ford today, that left Ronnie in amongst them. He sat back in his chair and the camera was flitting between him and his wife. I felt heart sorry for him because he looked utterly dejected and resigned to the fact he didn't have what it needed to put up a fight. How that must have felt with his wife not 20 feet from where he was sitting I can only imagine.
            Last edited by Billy; 8 December 2018, 10:18 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I guess Staurt needs a new nickname...

Comment

• Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                I guess Staurt needs a new nickname...
                Tipster :wink:

Comment

• Well done, MA. SB's game doesn't do a lot for me, so good result all round.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Yeah, probably says more about me than anything else. All I know is that if I put on a poor show with members of my family watching, I'd want to avoid them for the rest of the day. All that "It's okay. You tried your best and that's all anyone can do" would only make me feel worse.

There was one particular miss from Tom Ford today, that left Ronnie in amongst them. He sat back in his chair and the camera was flitting between him and his wife. I felt heart sorry for him because he looked utterly dejected and resigned to the fact he didn't have what it needed to put up a fight. How that must have felt with his wife not 20 feet from where he was sitting I can only imagine.
                    I agree re people I know watching, but saves answering "What went wrong?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      I agree re people I know watching, but saves answering "What went wrong?"
                      It's funny. If I'd lost I'd hear that question as "Please punch me in the face."

Comment

It's funny. If I'd lost I'd hear that question as "Please punch me in the face."
                        Sounds like an easy divorce

re them falling out as both Tewwy proteges now?

Comment

• I should credit Eurosport with some great closing music.

Comment

I should credit Eurosport with some great closing music.
                            What was it?

Comment

• Grrr laptop is playing up tonight, as I thought I had replied....

Early in the week there was what sounded like a version of Julian Cope tune, but no lyrics; and yesterday was something that reminded me of Fay Hallam or Princess Freesia when she guest vocalled for Big Boss Man, a deludely pants name for a band, especially as they did some quite cool\chilled\mellow post punk jazz kinda thing: seriously brilliant tune and vid apart from their walk on at start? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Y2TVZv6Ec

Comment

Early in the week there was what sounded like a version of Julian Cope tune, but no lyrics; and yesterday was something that reminded me of Fay Hallam or Princess Freesia when she guest vocalled for Big Boss Man, a deludely pants name for a band, especially as they did some quite cool\chilled\mellow post punk jazz kinda thing: seriously brilliant tune and vid apart from their walk on at start? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Y2TVZv6Ec
                                I haven't heard of a single one of those people/bands.

Comment

Working...
                                X