2019 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
    This could get embarrassing if Ronnie doesn’t get a grip. Seriously feeling the pressure he is being put under. Can’t believe that red he missed, couldn’t have asked for an easier opener.
    Maybe he is just having one of these days when he doesnt feel like playing and misses everything. He was already whining in interview and catastrophizing
    just like he regularly does when he feels bad.
    Trump seems to be better player these days, improved safety i guess. He can finally start winning tournaments.
    If he had 1 brain cell he would be having himself equipped with big team long time ago, just like Ronnie has.
    Last edited by kibo; 20 January 2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• He doesn’t have those days where he doesn’t feel like playing anymore. And if he ever did it wouldn’t be in a Masters final.

He is rarely under pressure and is under it big time now. Will be very fortunate to get out of this session anything better than 6-2 at this rate.

Comment

• Trump is on fire... 3-0

Comment

• I sometimes worry when Ronnie is in the final that it won’t be a good match and will just end is a thrashing. It’s happening again but not the way round that I thought!

Comment

• This is the worst I can remember seeing him play in recent memory, really poor and almost waiting for him to miss every shot, definitely a score that reflects his play so far.

Comment

• It’s the I can’t be bothered O’Sullivan roadshow at the moment . No effort at all from him .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• To be fair, the first couple of frames, he didn’t have many clear chances at all, every shot seemed to be from tight against the cushion, no excuse though, just not a good day for him so far.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  It’s the I can’t be bothered O’Sullivan roadshow at the moment . No effort at all from him .
                  It's not that he can't be bothered . He has never won the triple crown grand slam in a season and has an amazing chance to get to the World's with that as a possibility. He will be feeling the pressure of that as it is quite a significant gap from his CV, something that Davis, Williams and Hendry have done (twice for Hendry).

Added to that, the fact he is playing someone who beat him in their previous final and has come out flying.

It's nothing to do with a lack of effort, it's the combined pressure of everything above.

Comment

• This is unreal, I wouldn’t mind as much if I didn’t hate Trump

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jimmy Brown Sauce View Post
                      This is unreal, I wouldn’t mind as much if I didn’t hate Trump
                      why do you hate him then?

Comment

• early days but the first mini-session has shown that Trump has definitely taken a big step as a top-end player; he controlled those four frames with shot choice and making his opponent to make the first mistakes to let him in with a chance.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by mitch12 View Post
                          why do you hate him then?
                          His attitude, general demeanour, lack of personality, can’t stand the lad.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                            It's not that he can't be bothered . He has never won the triple crown grand slam in a season and has an amazing chance to get to the World's with that as a possibility. He will be feeling the pressure of that as it is quite a significant gap from his CV, something that Davis, Williams and Hendry have done (twice for Hendry).

Added to that, the fact he is playing someone who beat him in their previous final and has come out flying.

It's nothing to do with a lack of effort, it's the combined pressure of everything above.
                            Sometimes players just dont have feeling for the potting and its downward spiral from there.
                            It doesnt have to be pressure, its just bad day.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jimmy Brown Sauce View Post
                              His attitude, general demeanour, lack of personality, can’t stand the lad.
                              no reason to hate him for that surely maybe you mean dislike .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                                Think Ronnie will take it today but will be close I think
                                Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                                Sometimes players just dont have feeling for the potting and its downward spiral from there.
                                It doesnt have to be pressure, its just bad day.
                                I agree generally but pressure would play a part in that.

Comment

Working...
                                X