No announcement yet.

2019 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't really see much to hate about Judd, he's obviously not the most charismatic of players and I probably wouldn't particularly enjoy his company but he's not an arsehole and he does play fantastic snooker, second only to Ronnie in the entertainment stakes when he's on his game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
      Can't really see much to hate about Judd, he's obviously not the most charismatic of players and I probably wouldn't particularly enjoy his company but he's not an arsehole and he does play fantastic snooker, second only to Ronnie in the entertainment stakes when he's on his game.
      Haters gonna hate, they don't know him and yet have an opinion!
      Crowd just as bad tonight, hardly any atmosphere or applause at the end. Just about 200 decent snooker fans and the rest Ronnie fan boys who simply turn up to support him. Beating Ronnie in the final at the Masters is the hardest thing to achieve. Great performance and I just hope Judd goes on now to fulfil his potential and add a lot of majors now.

Comment

• Is it my imagination or did Ronnie pass his Silver medal to a woman fan ? ��

Comment

• I'm really happy for Judd. This is well deserved.
          If he can keep his composure up, he's gonna win the big one and be number one pretty soon, I predict...
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Emphatic win...what happened to the goat

Comment

• Most the players seem like decent people, but some ROS fans think you can't enjoy watching more than one player, so they slag off anyone who looks like they could beat him. Personally, I have a few favorites, but no-one I particularly dislike (not even Murphy the sycophant). Even if one of my favorites is in a final, I'd prefer to watch them win in a decider, as that's when snooker is at it's best for me. I don't get hating a player who has done not a lot wrong, other than getting annoyed about losing and occasionally having an opinion. Judd's probably going to be the biggest draw in the game going forward, unless there's a crazy talent coming through. Any family and friends I have who occasionally watch snooker say they only really tune in for Judd or Ronnie, and that seems to be the same at the venues. Don't know what some people on this forum are watching to get so worked up about him, that no one outside the forum sees. They're going to have a tough few years ahead, when the closest young(ish) talent is someone like Kyren Wilson, who isn't going to set the game alight

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
                Is it my imagination or did Ronnie pass his Silver medal to a woman fan ? ��
                He has done it before at other events.

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                I'm really happy for Judd. This is well deserved.
                If he can keep his composure up, he's gonna win the big one and be number one pretty soon, I predict...
                If he takes no1 again hope he holds it longer than he did previously
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
                  Is it my imagination or did Ronnie pass his Silver medal to a woman fan ? ��
                  Yes he did he does that few times
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Fair play to Judd, definitely the better of the two over both sessions, no arguments from me. Can't understand the hate though, he far from my favourite player, but his obvious talent makes him enjoyable to watch. Suppose its similar to Andy Murray in those terms. Great player, but a lot of people don't "get" him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

To be fair he had number one at a time before we had the amount of tournaments we have now with numerous PTC events and everyone in the top 4 or 5 spots could have been number one if they won a big event.

Rankings not so important for me these days. To me I don't need to see where a player is on a list to determine who is supposed to be the best. Right now there is not a lot between Ronnie and Trump and for me they are the best two in the world on current form. Is Selby really the best player in the world, I don't think any knowledgeable snooker fan would believe that!

Comment

• Glad for Judd winning in such a fashion and very dominant through out. As previously mentioned I think he has progressed to the next level as a top pro (down to brother Jack?) that hopefully he can continue winning and get to where many predicted when he was a youngster
                        I was wondering why Ronnie did not have a chat with Judd like he has with nearly everyone else recently?
                        Last edited by DeanH; 20 January 2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

To be fair he had number one at a time before we had the amount of tournaments we have now with numerous PTC events and everyone in the top 4 or 5 spots could have been number one if they won a big event.

Rankings not so important for me these days. To me I don't need to see where a player is on a list to determine who is supposed to be the best. Right now there is not a lot between Ronnie and Trump and for me they are the best two in the world on current form. Is Selby really the best player in the world, I don't think any knowledgeable snooker fan would believe that!
                          was tongue in cheek

Comment

• I was at The Masters Friday and Saturday and the Atmosphere was amazing as always.

Ronnie seemed a bit subdued today compared to yesterday and didn't really find those wonder shots and Judd seemed to be right up for it; if they both had been then that would have been a great match.

They didn't seem to share many words at the end which was a surprise.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• I never like to see a final finish this early in the evening, but today Trump was just too good for O'Sullivan, hardly putting a foot wrong in the entire match. Surely one of the best performances of his career so far, when you take the occasion and the opponent into account. I think he is now in the group of players everyone will be looking at once we get to the Crucible, along with O'Sullivan and Allen perhaps.

As for O'Sullivan, it's rare to see him lose so heavily in a big final, but I guess you can't win them all, as the saying goes. He tried his best to come back in the second session, but it was just way too much to do.

All in all, there was some good snooker played this week, but the 2019 Masters probably won't stay in the memory as a particularly exciting tournament, with only three deciders and one 6-4 scoreline in the 15 matches that were played. All the rest were fairly one sided, but that's just how it goes sometimes. I still enjoyed every minute of it. :smile:

Looking forward to the German Masters now, but I think I won't be able to post much on here until April.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Glad for Judd winning in such a fashion andesigner very dominant through out. As previously mentioned I think he has progressed to the next level as a top pro (down to brother Jack?) that hopefully he can continue winning and get into where many predicted when he was a youngster
                                I was wondering why Ronnie did not have a chat with Judd like hearlier has with nearly everyone else recently?
                                Pretty sure its cos Ronnie is only chatty with people who he wants to bully. His behaviour towards Ding yesterday was not of a man who loved him but rather as someone he can intimidate and make him feel uncomfortable in front of the cameras the audience!

Comment

Working...
                                X