Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Sec 3.1(f) The winner of a frame is the player or side:
    ...(ii) to whom the frame is conceded; ...
    This situation is specifically mentioned in the SRA Explanations ((Conceding section, they have cue ball going in after the concession) and they clarify that the game has already been conceded so the concession would stand.

From seeing the video, I also think the referee acted correctly in this situation due to the actions of the players.
    I think the ref called 13 and the frame before the white hit the rest, so it's not strictly a concession. Bad reffing if he did.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I think the ref called 13 and the frame before the white hit the rest, so it's not strictly a concession. Bad reffing if he did.
      The concession was Higgins offering his hand, the acceptance of that concession was Yuan accepting the handshake; end of frame. then the cue ball hit the rest.
      We can all say the ref should have done this, the ref should have done that; Yuan was responsible for the rest, if only he lifted it up off the table as he turned around. IF only Higgins had not jumped up and offered his hand...
      Life is full of what-ifs... or is it chocolates?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        The concession was Higgins offering his hand, the acceptance of that concession was Yuan accepting the handshake; end of frame. then the cue ball hit the rest.
        We can all say the ref should have done this, the ref should have done that; Yuan was responsible for the rest, if only he lifted it up off the table as he turned around. IF only Higgins had not jumped up and offered his hand...
        Life is full of what-ifs... or is it chocolates?
        You can't concede a frame once it's over, and when the ref says "frame and match" it's over, the handshake is just congratulatory. The ref shook Juan's hand before Higgins did.

Comment

finally found a video where I can hear the referee;
          you are right the ref calls the frame as he shakes Yuan's hand, the Yuan shakes Higgin's; then the white hits the rest.
          The frame is over, incorrect of the referee to call it before the cue ball has stopped rolling.
          BUT nearly every match if called before the cue ball stops rolling I have noticed.
          Often the referee will do so because in their opinion the cue ball is in no danger of going in-off or any other foul occurring.
          I think this is another one for the referee and rules committee to discuss and issue a guidance to their members
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
            Once again Selby goes from a dominant performance to losing the next match. Did he get out played or did he not play well
            Bit of both. Gilbert played well and Selby was true to current form. Is his shot selection a bit too aggressive at the moment? I've thought this on a number of occasions recently. Maybe all the criticism of his style of play has got to him, he does seem somewhat less inclined to run for cover these days. There were quite a few shots from him today which I thought were just not worth the risk/reward, shots I doubt he'd have considered a year or two ago.

The yellow into the side pocket, holding for the red into the yellow pocket, in frame 8 for example, this was a very dubious choice, difficult pot, leaving Gilbert an easy starter for the match, if missed, which it was. And the missed green which got Glbert in for his match winning break, just too risky for me, and it lost him the match. I think he needs to revert back to his natural style, and forget the nay-sayers.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              Bit of both. Gilbert played well and Selby was true to current form. Is his shot selection a bit too aggressive at the moment? I've thought this on a number of occasions recently. Maybe all the criticism of his style of play has got to him, he does seem somewhat less inclined to run for cover these days. There were quite a few shots from him today which I thought were just not worth the risk/reward, shots I doubt he'd have considered a year or two ago.

The yellow into the side pocket, holding for the red into the yellow pocket, in frame 8 for example, this was a very dubious choice, difficult pot, leaving Gilbert an easy starter for the match, if missed, which it was. And the missed green which got Glbert in for his match winning break, just too risky for me, and it lost him the match. I think he needs to revert back to his natural style, and forget the nay-sayers.

-
              I'm pretty sure he said recently in an interview that he has decided to try to think less and try not to over analyze shots. He said something like the first shot you see is usually the best one and he was trying to just get down and play the shot he sees, and play with a good rhythm etc.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he said recently in an interview that he has decided to try to think less and try not to over analyze shots. He said something like the first shot you see is usually the best one and he was trying to just get down and play the shot he sees, and play with a good rhythm etc.
                Well it's not working out too well for him is it. I think he needs to stop thinking about how much he's thinking.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

"I'm not paying £15 for a bit of chalk."
                  Stephen Maguire

Comment

Stephen Maguire
                    Well he is Scottish

Comment

I don't understand why Eurosport are showing a replay when there are still live games on?
                      I have my fingers crossed for Duane it would be a huge win for him if he can make it happen.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Well he is Scottish
                        Are Scottish people inherently more sensible than?

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Are Scottish people inherently more sensible than?

-
                          I ain't buying one either, but i'm skint compared to him

Comment

Weird results in the last couple of sessions... It looked to be a great last16 line-up, but some unlikely players have made it through, particularly Jones. Still, should be a fun weekend. :smile:

Comment

Stephen Maguire
                              "Paying" being the operative word, he's not the first to say that ROS did too I belive. I think top pro's expect to get things like this for free, I also think TAOM are missing a trick not offering it to them...
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                "Paying" being the operative word, he's not the first to say that ROS did too I belive. I think top pro's expect to get things like this for free, I also think TAOM are missing a trick not offering it to them...
                                Wait...they aren't giving the players free chalk that they would want to promote? Didn't know that. Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X