2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Even stranger is why the crowd have started chanting 'Toon army! Toon army!"

When I first heard it I thought maybe one of the players was a Newcastle United fan, but they've been doing it for a few of the matches now.
    I think they are shouting "blue army" because they like it when the blue gets potted, and they are pished up morons.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I think they are shouting "blue army" because they like it when the blue gets potted, and they are pished up morons.
      I have no idea why, and I didn't get involved but...

The daft wooooo thing for the yellow
      "Green Army" for the green
      "Four" / "Fore" for the brown
      "Blooooo" for the blue - which sounded more like booing the player
      The pink panther tune for the pink
      and
      "Seven" for the black

Impromtu stuff like that can be funny, OTT audience participation not so IMHO

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post
        I have no idea why, and I didn't get involved but...

The daft wooooo thing for the yellow
        "Green Army" for the green
        "Four" / "Fore" for the brown
        "Blooooo" for the blue - which sounded more like booing the player
        The pink panther tune for the pink
        and
        "Seven" for the black

Impromtu stuff like that can be funny, OTT audience participation not so IMHO
        I think it was last year that the crowd started singing "What's a glove got to do with it" when one of the Scottish players who's name I can't recall was playing with a glove, and "Gold" by Spandau Ballet when Martin Gould was playing. Both of those things made me laugh, but this forced 'hilarity' is a little cringeworthy most of the time.

Comment

• The audience will learn how to behave over time just like the players are learning to perform in that environment.

I'm still in ore of the 139 Un-Nooh made in his semi final...
          Funny that no one comments on how the crowd reaction was to his break.
          The crowd as like the viewers were mesmerised by the sheer brilliance!

The audience just want to see top quality action, players who will perform with no inhibition. Once this becomes the normal standard of attitude and play, the crowd will settle and enjoy.

If anyone watches the PDC darts, the crowd has now settled down a lot more from where darts was 5 years ago.
          People learn. If given the chance...
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• What an epic break that was.

He also made a sparkling break in the former World Championship which was just as good. I ve tried to find but no luck.

Amazing quality player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
              The audience will learn how to behave over time just like the players are learning to perform in that environment.

I'm still in ore of the 139 Un-Nooh made in his semi final...
              Funny that no one comments on how the crowd reaction was to his break.
              The crowd as like the viewers were mesmerised by the sheer brilliance!

The audience just want to see top quality action, players who will perform with no inhibition. Once this becomes the normal standard of attitude and play, the crowd will settle and enjoy.

If anyone watches the PDC darts, the crowd has now settled down a lot more from where darts was 5 years ago.
              People learn. If given the chance...
              Yes agree entirely. Another way the pros should think about this tourney is that it's "jungle training" if you can perform here surely someone coughing at the wrong time or walking out isn't going to seem so bad!!! Lol.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Yes agree entirely. Another way the pros should think about this tourney is that it's "jungle training" if you can perform here surely someone coughing at the wrong time or walking out isn't going to seem so bad!!! Lol.
                "Jungle training" lol
                For sure. Players with the right attitude will only become better players because of their approach to an event like the shootout.
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  I think that's more the surprise element, if everything's quiet any noise seems louder. In the shootout it probably just turns into white noise after a while.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    I think that's more the surprise element, if everything's quiet any noise seems louder. In the shootout it probably just turns into white noise after a while.
                    I think you're right Jonny, I just think this experience can only help the players handle that surprise better maybe? Was thinking specifically about Bingham the other week, getting up of the shot, asking a dude In the crowd to stop moving then missing his shot.

I couldn't help feel on that occasion he would have been better to just retake his pre shot routine and think, this is going in regardless! Just like you have to to succeed at the shootout.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                    X